What made you happy today?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
slynne said:
One of the reasons this is making me happy is that when I go full time, I am hoping to be so invaluable to my employer that they let me work from the road at my current rate of pay.
That's a worthy goal. I hope you can pull it off.

Walking thru the front door of my apt after an odd day. Met by the cat and the security guard, both concerned as I was MIA most of the day.

Small things to many, but they make me happy.

Rob

I won a pick up in an online auction a few months ago, haven't been able to do anything with it because i've been waiting for the title. Title showed up in today's mail. That made me happy.

wagoneer said:
attended my first aa meeting

Be patient with yourself.  When I first walked in, I didn't know what the heck was going on, but I'm alive today because I did. One day at a time builds into weeks, into months, into years, but just think about the moment you're in and the rest takes care of itself.  Best Wishes.

Biscuits and gravy

I bought everything to make them for this morning. Went to sleep thinking about them but when I went to cook this morning, my propane ran out. Took the 18 mile ride into town to fill the propane and found a tiny restaurant with the best biscuits and gravy I've ever had - monster fresh biscuits and gravy loaded with sausage and cheese hash browns on the side. If you're ever in Doniphan, MO - the place is called 'Coffee and More"

Biscuits and gravy may not be my favorite food but it is close. I will venture over to the dark side (Dallas) for biscuits and gravy at my favorite old diner. You have described the perfect breakfast.. Or any time food.

Rob

I like biscuits and gravy just fine, but nutin' beats good old SOS. Man I loved that stuff when I was a kid, we'd go to the mess hall after church on Sundays and have breakfast with the young guys in my dads squadron (and most holidays), andI always asked for the SOS, good chow!!

Big SOS fan here, too, lol
and of course

I like bread an butter
I like toast an jam

That'll give everyone an earworm lol

I make SOS often, but I cheat, I use very thinly sliced Boars Head roast beef instead of the jerky kind. Making myself hungry.

Rob

Gunny said:
I make SOS often, but I cheat, I use very thinly sliced Boars Head roast beef instead of the jerky kind. Making myself hungry.

Rob

MAN, that sounds good!!  If you get a chance, try the London Broil roast beef from Boars Head, that stuff is amazing.

Drove here. Made breakfast with this as my view, then paddled out.

Good fun.  Lotsa rides.

Post surf and hot water rinse. I made an awesome 'breakfast' burritos  well past noon, with onion, potato, red and yellow peppers, carrot and scrambled Eggs ( frittata?), and shared it them with a hungry friend.  Hung out in the shade, until late afternoon listening to good music as loud as required.

A very beautiful woman smiled at me.

Pesky windshield wipers.

20170426_171804%20copy_zps2pglomoe.jpg

A good day.  Accomplished nothing, but a good day.

Gunny said:
I was awakened out of a deep sleep at 0730 by my Granddaughter calling to wish me "Happy Birthday" and ask if she could spend the night tonight.

Made it to 67

1st cup of coffee and 1st cigarette.

More, but it's political and not allowed.

Old Rob

Happy Birthday, Gunny and many more.

I have earned the forgiveness from a friend of mine. I guess there's nothing wrong with being nice and admitting that you're wrong even though it's not your fault.

Gary, Creamed beef on toast. Shit on a shingle in the military. A staple.

Rob

i'm happy i never learned what military grade SOS taste like

My little grandson, 3 1/2 yrs old, moved to another state two months ago. We are great buddies and I miss him so much. I phoned his Dad today. He put me on speaker, I said, "Hi, Mikey! It's Gramma!" And he said, in his sweet little excited voice, "Are you coming here NOW Gramma?!" He hasn't forgotten me and misses me, too. It was so good to hear his voice!

Strenwake - that's a slice of heaven right there.

Stargazer - that is beautiful, I hope my little great niece will remember me when I go back to FL.