Interesting Articles Relating to EVs

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It appears Musk is on the verge of a meltdown or something.

Twitter, Cybertruck, EV market crash, and now...
I just saw a cyber truck this morning for about 20 seconds. No joke, I thought the lines in person had more in common with the KIA EV styling. Especially the rear lights and angles.

As a huge fan of Logan's run when I was younger, it gives me those vibes. But I'm not a kid anymore, so I don't like it much now.

The Cybertruck isn't bad for what it is (a big muscle/super car with offroad capability and a bed), but it was very expensive to develop... and many of its features (shape and SS body) were declared by edict. Even when times were good Musk said they'd lose money on it. Focusing on the development of an affordable EV would have been far more sensible.

Cybertruck was a passion project that was made because if prior success. And at the time, they were flush with cash due to the stock prices.

The issue is that once they started making a profit, investors want the ROI. And in today's stock market, it's all about now, not future returns on a vision.

They are dealing with the intersection of those and the transition to being run like a large business. And he's not doing so well with the day to day aspects. That's not his forte.

And he's not doing so well with the day to day aspects. That's not his forte.
True. The "secret sauce" he had to make Tesla and SpaceX into tremendous successes... I think there was a lot of "day to day" involved in that.

The problem with wanting to constantly push the boundary of what is possible is that it is always risky, and the more mature an industry gets, the more difficult this becomes. In other words, for someone like Musk... the "day to day" gets boring. He's done well to monetize most of his projects, but he's seemed more erratic and unfocused lately.

I just saw a cyber truck this morning for about 20 seconds.

I saw one on the interstate a couple of weeks ago...it was going the other way, and pulling an airstream trailer. I just glanced over and noticed it, no time to grab the smartphone and get a picture. Darnit.

It's a list by U.S. News & World Report recently released its list of the best electric and hybrid vehicles, crowning winners in eight categories. Why are they not credible?
It's not that the list isn't credible. It's that when a site needs content they generally resort to making a list. They get clicks and comments and make money.

It's generally considered lazy writing or quick content.

It's not that the list isn't credible. It's that when a site needs content they generally resort to making a list. They get clicks and comments and make money.

It's generally considered lazy writing or quick content.
So it's true But you just don't like it, right?

I can't believe TESLA didn't make the top 10 list.
https://clark.com/cars/best-electric-hybrid-cars/

Why? Their newest model is old in car years. When it was a new model it won it's fair share of awards.

That's part of why Tesla isn't doing so well at the moment. They don't have a new model in the pipeline and others are catching up fast.

All you give is page long rambling opinions, no facts & no proof IMHO so NO VALUE!
Sorry for that long rambling opinion with no facts or proof. Pretty sure with less than a minutes effort you can verify my "facts"

Perhaps I should make a 20 minute video that says the same thing and includes how many years old the Tesla model 3 is. And the awards they won when they had new models to award. Of course for 18 minutes I'll say a lot of things that seem important and keep you watching before I give the actual information.
My true apologies you had to suffer through reading that long drawn out post.

You post long drawn out videos and expect everyone to watch through it. How about you just make your own points instead of requiring me to listen to other people explain them? Just a thought.