What kind of music do you like?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Just thought id make a quick topic about what kind of music everyone likes. I mostly like all forms of rock (ACDC, Black Sabbath, Guns&Roses, Velvet Revolver) but i do bluegrass and country too. I am also into fairly heavy new age stuff like Five Finger Death Punch.

Anyone ever hear of a band called Son Volt? Its good older sounding country, most of what they write seems aimed towards truckers and road life. I highly reccomend them.

I am into Lolawolf right now; they are the opening act for Lily Allen’s current US tour.

lolawolf.jpg

Bach & Bluegrass. Mozart and Chopin. Puccini operas. Also like the old groups like CCR and Crosby, Stills & Nash. Sixties stuff. I'm old. :sleepy:

I still remember going with my mother to the store in a ford aero star and laughing all the way there to her "KC &The sunshine band" cassette. Unless my friends were with me, then id beg her to turn it off. But thats not even close to the 60s.

And youre only as old as you tell yourself you are :)

I'm old too. Saw Jimi Hendrix in concert. Like Zepplin, Jefferson Airplane, Moody Blues, Bob Dylan, etc. Still like the old rock and roll but can listen to and like most any kind of music.

I grew up with the sixties to seventies rock, but I like all Golden Oldies from mid-fifties to some early eighties. I can leave anything later than that.
I also like Celtic/Irish music, and Scots bagpipes. (Never call them 'scotch'! That is a drink!)
I like German Classic Music - Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, etc. A little Puccini - a little Italian goes a long way. Edvard Grieg is good too. Very Tolkeinish.
Some Cajun, older Country/Western. Don't care for the new Country. Some like Taylor Swift make my skin crawl..... :(
Some 60's folk is good - Joni Mitchell, Joan Baez, etc.
Anything RAP, HipHop, etc - leave it in the trashbin......

My musical tastes are all over the map, classical, rock & roll, alternative, pop rock, heavy metal, country, j-pop, bluegrass, soundtracks, even a smattering of rap and opera.

About 15 years ago, I stopped following the new music and just listened to oldies. But they aren't making any new oldies so eventually I got bored with that music and began listening to new pop music. I bartended in a strip club last year and discovered that I even like a little hip hop and techno at times.
But the two musical artists that I never tire of are Neil Young and Leonard Cohen, especially the latter. His voice quiets my demons.

Disco will never die in my world, enjoy most everything from the 60s and 70s. Show tunes are my absolute favorite and love anything by Barbra Streisand or Barry Manilow.

You'll find demons on page 40 of the Monster Manual. :angel:

Oh, wait. This is the Cheap RV Living forum isn't it? :s

Sorry, for a moment there I thought I was on the Dungeons & Dragons forum. :p

Classic rock, Country rock, Folk rock, Tropical rock, some Alternatve rock and anything by The Grateful Dead! Rock on!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Cj8JrQ9w5jY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I got an appreciation for 70's rock from my older brothers but I veered into punk, new wave and alternative in the 80;s. Old REM, The Cure, The Smiths, The Clash, The Jesus and Mary Chain. Thing is, my musical tastes stuck in my college years. I have next to zero idea what's been out there since the early 90's. I've tried to listen to some of the big names, Jack Black and others and can't get into it.

Those of you who know anything about me, probably figure that I'm into classic rock.

I DO listen to alot of Doobie Brothers, and the Grateful Dead, like you'd figure.

...but my love???

Absolutely, without question........Patrick O'Hearn

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OHXqq1P6Ooo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm also a huge fan of Erik Wallo.

Have you got some quiet time to sit, relax, and really get into some mind expanding music??? This is it. MMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :sleepy:

Love classic rock from 70s I grew up with. I like the 80s,90s music also and probably later years as I have lost track of when tunes came out. (cause to much indulgence in the 70s LOL)

Listen to a lot of country now to. But if you like rock didn't a lot of it start with the blues? Love me some Mississippi/Chicago blues like these James Cotton - and Howlin Wolf - and most other blues also.
A SEEKER