What kind of music do you like?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mostly Bhangra!!! ...Doo Wop...Rhythm and Blues! and a radio station from Morocco called Radio Moroc...!

My tastes are somewhat eclectic. Grew up on 50s rock and roll thanks to a much older brother's 45 collection, but was also into Simon and what's-his-name. Stayed a Paul Simon fan. Performed in HS musicals in the early 70s, listened to Rick Wakeman in college, got into some of the country artists and zydeco in the Corps - not much choice lol. Mostly enjoy good vocalists: Ronstadt, Streisand,billy Joel, Seager, Seals and Croft, P!nk, Bowie, James Taylor, Jim Croce ... To name few. Still into good music theater, often whatever my son's performing in; most recently The 50s harmonies of Forever Plaid. He's doing JCSuperstar in December, one of my all time favorites. Anything, almost, by Andrew Lloyd Weber.

I've been stuck in the 70s since...well the 70s. I went to so many concerts back then I can't remember all of them for various reasons. I started picking bluegrass as a child on dads old Martin D-28. Bill Monroe, Jimmie Martin, Carter Family stuff. As a teen I got into the rock genre. The bands I still listen to are Skynnyrd, Molly Hatchett, GFR, etc. It's all good but the most beautiful natural singing voice I like to listen to would be the late Kieth Whitley. Never heard anyone do turns and trills like him. The guy could make you cry in your beer. I don't care for the new sounds Nashville is passing off for country.