CRVL is like bluegrass music

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flying kurbmaster

Reaction score
If you know blue grass music or have ever been to a blue grass festival or play bluegrass you will know that there are perimeters in which you move, When you deviate slightly away from these, you are frowned upon by the old school, this is to protect the culture, the style, the genre I guess from going extinct or being taken over by new ideas and being diluted. However there is always one band at these festivals that attempts to push the boundaries, introduces an odd instrument, style or bluegrasses a disco song. They often don’t get a call back but usually the ones that are remembered long after the festival is over for their creativeness, their bravery and shutspa. Even if CRVL is on a international platform, non political, non religious, if you deviate too far from standard American, burgers, Chevy,Guns and Jesus you risk the chance of not being called back, your songs not played, like the blue grass festival organizers moderation is all singing from the same song book, deviate too far left, talk negatively about guns, don’t love Jesus, don’t eat burgers, the volume is turned down or off. Country music used to be like that.

Well, there are always other venues musicians can pick. Or in your case, other RV forums.

Or start your own so that you can give free rein to all kibitzers on any subject.

I'll bet there are things that you hold near and dear that you would resist any change to.

We at CRVL have a few rules to follow. The moderators only act when the rules are broken. Politics is one subject that we have a zero tolerance policy. Almost everything else can be discussed in a civil manner.

If this makes you or anybody else mad then don't come back. See how easy that is.

Being a member for 9years and you keep coming back and you keep complaining says a lot in itself. I will be glad to ban you if that's what you want.

I was going to delete this thread but I wanted everybody to see this.

Thread Closed

Highdesertranger

Status
Not open for further replies.