Water damage, the good the bad and other upgrades

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like photobucket has blocked all of the pictures I have posted here, because they say I have been using photobucket
for third party posting, or something to that effect.

They want me to upgrade to a different plan they offer for the cost of four hundred dollars a year.
there is no way in hell I can or will do that.

Can anyone of you guys and gals recommend another picture hosting site that I can use for free ?.

I can't help with a hosting site.
I just don't trust the "cloud"!
Photobucket is a good example of why.......

My method is all my pics are in 3 places.
1 on my tablet for everyday use
2 on my backup laptop
3 on an external portable HDD (500GB)
that I save all my music and pics to.

AND 4 on an encrypted 32GB flash drive for just the important stuff like med , tax and SS docs.
(I'm thinking I want another one of these as well.)

Ok guys and gals, I need your help on this one.
I`m not real computer literate, but photobucket was easy to use and I used them for many years.

Now I need a new place to upload my pictures to that`s as easy to use as photobucket. Any thoughts or
suggestions are appreciated.

Is it possible to upload pictures directly from my computer to here ?.
I need some way to upload pictures, because this thread is just about useless with out pictures.

"Is it possible to upload pictures directly from my computer to here ?."

that's how I do it,  off my computer.
hit the tab that sys new reply instead of quick reply.
it will take you to a new page
type your response into the box when you get to where you want to insert your pic go to the bottom where it says New Attachment,  click on the browse tab.
find you pic and double click on it
the location will show in the box then hit add attachment wait a second and a new box will appear hit insert into post but first make sure your cursor is in the correct place where you want your picture inserted.
actually it is pretty easy once you have done it a few times.
highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
"Is it possible to upload pictures directly from my computer to here ?."

that's how I do it,  off my computer.
hit the tab that sys new reply instead of quick reply.
it will take you to a new page
type your response into the box when you get to where you want to insert your pic go to the bottom where it says New Attachment,  click on the browse tab.
find you pic and double click on it
the location will show in the box then hit add attachment wait a second and a new box will appear hit insert into post but first make sure your cursor is in the correct place where you want your picture inserted.
actually it is pretty easy once you have done it a few times.
highdesertranger

I checked out what you said, and found were you attach the picture, but when I tried to do that, it said the picture was to big.

How do I resize the pictures ?. I know that`s a stupid question, but like I said before, I`m not real computer smart.
But once I figure it out and do it a few times, then it becomes easy.

I take pictures with my iPad only. And it does not have a picture editor that is native. So..I got an app to do that.

Now, when I get that message .. photo too big...I open it in the editor app and resize it there...then load to my posting here.

So..exactly how to do that depends on the app you get. For simple resizing...I would get a cheap or free app. No need for all the professional photo editing...just resize.

I resize mine in Paint. I find if they are under 1.2mb they post fine if over then I resize. highdesertranger

Resealing the windows does nothing if the window track weep holes are blocked with dirt, preventing water to drain.

rv 003.JPG

I think I`m figuring this out, but its going to take a while.

The one thing I know for sure, is that having to resize every picture is going to be a pain in the @ss.

Attachments

• rv 003.JPG
    rv 003.JPG
    411.3 KB · Views: 7
I had a really nice thread going here, until photobucket decided to screw me and many others (I`m sure) over.

So now all of the previous pictures that were posted here are now blocked by photobucket.
But thanks to the help of some members here, I have figured out how to resize and attach pictures right from my computer.
The process is a bit slower, but it works.

So, with the previous pictures gone, if anyone has any questions on how I did something, I will do my best to find the pictures
and repost them.

^^like HR said. do it through your camera. most of the time the camera photos are set to really, really big. mine was set to 4608 x 3456. i suspect it's the size of a piece of typing paper. i had to modify photos that i put online. on my powershot sx500is i went in through the function button. then it got a little confusing. i pressed buttons until numbers dropped to 1500 x 1200. the smallest is 640 x 480. make a mistake or don't like the change? you can go back into menu to change everything back to default.

bigsallysmom said:
^^like HR said.  do it through your camera.  most of the time the camera photos are set to really, really big.  mine was set to 4608 x 3456.  i suspect it's the size of a piece of typing paper. i had to modify photos that i put online.  on my powershot sx500is i went in through the function button.  then it got a little confusing.  i pressed buttons until numbers dropped to 1500 x 1200.  the smallest is 640 x 480.  make a mistake or don't like the change?  you can go back into menu to change everything back to default.

I will look into the setting on the camera and see what I can do to change the picture size.

But right now all of the pictures I have to this point will need to be resized.

This past weekend I was able to get my basement door rebuilt.

Once I got the basement door removed from the rv, the work began.
rv 24 013.JPG

Once I got the door a part, the center was some kind of paper insulation, and it was soaking wet.
rv 24 015.JPG

I bought a sheet of 3/8'' plywood to use as the new center piece.
rv 24 018.JPG

With the new center plywood piece cut out I started putting everything back together.
rv 24 020.JPG
rv 24 021.JPG

Attachments

• rv 24 013.JPG
    rv 24 013.JPG
    351.8 KB · Views: 6
  • rv 24 015.JPG
    rv 24 015.JPG
    427.1 KB · Views: 6
  • rv 24 018.JPG
    rv 24 018.JPG
    345.2 KB · Views: 6
  • rv 24 020.JPG
    rv 24 020.JPG
    367.3 KB · Views: 6
  • rv 24 021.JPG
    rv 24 021.JPG
    237.9 KB · Views: 6
Once I got the door put back together and the old stripes removed, the paint was in
bad shape, so I ended up repainting the basement door.

Here is the basement door finished, with a new piano hinge and new locks.
rv 24 027.JPG

And here is the basement door reinstalled on the rv. I wish I could have found a place around
here to buy a new piece of aluminum for the outer door skin, because of the dent.
rv 24 029.JPG

I even replaced the plastic trim that hides the screws.
rv 24 033.JPG

And that`s it.

More to come.

Attachments

• rv 24 027.JPG
    rv 24 027.JPG
    329.7 KB · Views: 6
  • rv 24 029.JPG
    rv 24 029.JPG
    249.9 KB · Views: 8
  • rv 24 033.JPG
    rv 24 033.JPG
    224.8 KB · Views: 8
if I have to resize my pics I make a copy and resize that. that keeps the original intact. BTW that's a fine job on the door. highdesertranger

Sense photobucket has really screwed my thread here, I`m going to repost some of the pictures that were lost,
thanks to those here that showed me how to attach them directly from my computer.

This is going to take a while, but I will get as many pictures as I can back up.

Here is what I started with.
water leak 004.JPG
water leak 005.JPG
water leak 006.JPG
water leak 007.JPG
water leak 008.JPG

Attachments

• water leak 004.JPG
    water leak 004.JPG
    387.2 KB · Views: 10
  • water leak 005.JPG
    water leak 005.JPG