Water damage, the good the bad and other upgrades

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could fiberglass in the extra space.
You could , I've seen your work.

rvpopeye said:
You could fiberglass in the extra space.
You could , I've seen your work.

Thanks

I have tried doing small fiberglass repair in the past, and I ended
up making more of a mess than anything else.

I did find some 1mm thick fiberglass patch panels on ebay.
I might get a couple of those patch panels and see what I can
do with them.

I havn`t made a final decision yet, I`m still trying to decide on the best option
so it turns out right and doesn`t look half assed when I`m done.

What about adding an additional light under the replacements?

Yay Jim !
Good idea !
Never too much light for backing up !

I can find a link to a guy showing how to fiberglass in easy to understand words and pics . ??
A good friend on another forum (IRV2).

rvpopeye said:
Yay Jim !
Good idea !
Never too much light for backing up !

I can find a link to a guy showing how to fiberglass in easy to understand words and pics . ??
A good friend on another forum (IRV2).

Thanks.

I am actually a member at IRV2. I go by cobra1 over there.
I don`t post much at IRV2, I like it better here.

griffo1962 said:
Awesome work. glad you were able to repost all your pics..... :)
Thanks

I wasn`t able to repost all of my pictures, but I did as many as I could.
This thread would be useless with out pictures, and photobucket really screwed
over a lot of people.

In the vintage section Total Rebuild thread . Harley1994(Terry) posts videos of his projects.
Only 544 pages !

rvpopeye said:
In the vintage section Total Rebuild thread . Harley1994(Terry) posts videos of his projects.
Only 544 pages !

I have checked out that thread several times, and what a huge rebuild project it is.
Even if that trailer would have been free, I don`t know if rebuilding the complete trailer 
would be worth the time or the money it would take to do it.

BUT, nothing is impossible, given enough time and money to do it.

I am glad that the water damage in my rv was no were near that bad.

That 5er is the best built one I've ever seen ! 2x4 walls+ roof and plenty of insulation....
BTW
He's selling the 5er and the Toter right now.
He just got a diesel pusher for an incredible low price.....

(he actually offered to help me do the same to mine !!!)

Have you seen the Gooooodmorning thread too ?

I have seen and read some of the Gooooodmorning thread.

I don`t follow that thread to much, I`m not a morning person. I`m only up early during
the week because I have to go to work. On the weekends, especially in the winter my days
start around 10-11 am. In the summer when its warmer my days start a little earlier so I
can get out and work on the rv.

I also don`t drink coffee, I never got a taste for it.

I`m a weird person I guess. Do they make a badge for that ?.

I haven`t been here in a while, but I have a major update.

Both of my parents passed away about two weeks ago, on the same day.
My parents had a living trust, and everything went to me. So I have been in the process of clearing out the house and getting it ready to sell,
as well as selling off other items. And to anyone that has never had to deal with anything like this before (including me), this is a huge process to deal with, especially when you have to do it by your self.

So once I sell the house I will have the money to buy the Class B RV that I have always wanted.

So, with that said, the RV I have now is for sale.
My RV is a 1984 Cobra on a Ford E350 Chassis. If you have read this thread you will know what all I have done to this RV, but if not I will go
over everything here.

I have rebuilt the complete over cab bed area, completely resealed the roof, replaced all roof vents, removed all windows and properly resealed them, rebuilt the rear bed platform and it comes with a full size mattress, that`s the largest mattress that will fit. Replaced the hot water heater, new water pump, new pex water lines on the back half of the water system, new stainless steel microwave, new stainless steel
range hood, new oxygenics shower head, new front marker lights, new porch light/grab handle.

Things that still need to be done.
Install rear clearance lights (I have the lights), install new inverter/charger (I have the new inverter/charger), install new carpet/flooring.
The ignition key is hard to turn, I installed a new ignition key part, didn`t fix the issue, needs new tires, needs new exhaust pipe and muffler,
needs new house battery.

This rv is built very tough, all of the wall are aluminum framed.

I am asking $4000 dollars for the rv, that is less than I paid for it, and not including all of the new parts and work that I have already
put into it.

Send me a pm if interested.

shadow so sorry about the loss of your parents. good luck with all you have to do. highdesertranger