Selling the Bicycles

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gcal

Reaction score
We used them a lot living in the house, but we seldom use them living in the rv. Part of that is that we end up walking so we can take the dog. Part of it is prefering to be in mountains. They are good bikes, over $500 each new, but they are turning into junk exposed to sun and weather and they never get used.

Yah I AM LOOKING FOR A SCHWINN PARAMOUNT NERVEX LUGGING AND POSSIBLY MADE IN THE "CAGE" BY EISENTROUT OR ONE OF HIS BUDDIES

highdesertranger said:
well,  type,  price, and pics would help.  highdesertranger

Oh. Maybe I will do that. It was just an observation. Some sites ban users from using them to sell things and it did not occur to me to do that here. Got someone looking at them, now. The 2 matching Treks cleaned up nice and, since the car rack goes, too, the guy can pop it right on his own toad.

Wagoneer: in my younger years, 1970, I ordered a custom built Paramount from Schwinn. Reynolds 531; chrome Nurvex lugs, full Campy; sewups. Wow, what a ride! They aren't made like that anymore! All for $600. Of course I was only making $750 a month back then . . . but it was a Paramount!

I was a big Paramount dreamer back then in 1970.
Never could save up the cash......
I did get a used Peugeot PX 10 , full 531 dbl butted , Campy Nuovo Record crank , pedals , derailleurs , shift levers , cable guides , Brooks pro saddle . I loved the way it rode.....great memories thanks to this thread!
AND I still have it ! Tires , brake pads and a tune up is all it needs and I'm working towards that . (The rig needs sneakers more than the bike ...)
I usually ride my Trek mtn bike , the baby gears are more doable these days!! The spring steel legs have unfortunately sprung. Not much time to ride after leaving mom's every day.....

I still ride a 1976 DeRosa Dura-Ace road bike.  Love the compliance of a double butted frame (a much more forgiving ride than aluminum or carbon fiber).  Ran sew-ups until I had 8 flats one season.  Switched to clinchers that winter.  Hated repairing the tires and glueing them back on the rim.

My total experience with Schwin has been sewer pipe bikes.

-- Spiff

Mostly but they did make a few nice models but as with all Schwinns (back then)pricey.

Would there be a good chance of selling them at Quartzsite during the 2017 RTR?

Vacilador said:
Would there be a good chance of selling them at Quartzsite during the 2017 RTR?

We have to be in Florida this winter, unfortunately. No Quartzite for us until next year. The Treks and rack almost sold at the last park, but the wife did not like the shock absorber on the front wheel. Can't blame her. I grew to really like that extra cushioning, but it took a while to get used to it. 

Maybe they will sell in Maine or on the way down the coast. Maybe we will leave them with son and have him sell them on Ebay. It's not a priority right now. Maybe now that we actually take them off the rack so people can look at them, we will use them!

I just ordered a cheapo hybrid bike to ride after we get back home.Since we quit eating meat and have been working,I've lost 23 lbs.(168 to 145.)I can't jog anymore.I have plantar facieitis and my feet feel much better at the lower weight.I will need something to do for exercise.We probably won't be leaving Ar.this winter and I need something to supplement the visits to the YMCA.