RIP highdesertranger

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I definitely wasn't expecting that. He was very knowledgeable about things that are important to a lot of us.
I certainly will miss his wisdom! R.I.P. Mike, you will be missed.:-(

I knew he was a local. Our paths must have crossed without knowing. He knew more about SoCal especially the deserts than anyone I know. I remember him pm’ing me a couple of times perplexed because I was upset over some corrections in the forums and I came to like him and to hope to meet some day. We will meet some day. On the other side.
RIP Mike. You are free now.

Here is a picture I took of Mike in camp.at the last RTR on BLM land.  It was just a quick point and shoot with my phone.  I asked his permission to send it to a friend who is talked about the lifestyle and him so I'm assuming he wouldn't mind it here either.

Tried twice. Cammy, I'll text it to you, maybe you will have better luck.

86d506cd207cd70db96197288bcbaf00.jpg

Your pic shadowmoss

:heart: :heart: :heart:

(what's going on in that bucket scene ????)  :s

Oh damn, that's terrible news. I'm so sorry to hear this!
I never met him, but his advise and helpful posts were always appreciated and enjoyed.

Although I never met him, from his presence on this forum, HDR was a great leader, teacher, disciplinarian, sage, encyclopedia of truck info, and loyal to the end to CRVL.

There will be a get together camp out for High Desert Ranger at Scadden Wash from the 22-29 of January. Location will be at the site of the old RTRs from 2018 and before. Several of us are organizing this. Please come and show your support. Mike was loved by many and I’m hoping all his friends and acquaintances will attend. Mike had no funeral as almost all his friends are far and wide.

His mother and some of her friends will be showing up for some of the activities we are planning. There will be a stone with plaque laid in remembrance of him in Celias’s garden in Quartzsite and anyone having a story about him to share would be most welcome. That will be on Saturday (tentatively) the 29th.

We will probably need help loading the stone that has been chosen as it probably weighs a few hundred pounds. Some of you have seen it as it’s the large quartz stone in YARC Camp that was gathered some years ago. We have a UTV it will fit in but getting it into the back will take some doing.

YARC Camp is at 33 35’45.6N 114 11’35.2W in La Posa South LTVA and we have always welcomed nomads to camp.

Please attend if you can.

You are welcome but there are a few of us. No way could I do this on my own.

Cammalu said:
You are welcome but there are a few of us. No way could I do this on my own.

But you are spear heading it ;-)

Now if I could delete the other account

RIP Buddy

The others organizing this are Darlene Hanson and RoamingRaven.

If anyone would like to speak at Celia’s garden or have any ideas or questions please contact one of us.

RoamingRaven said:
But you are spear heading it ;-)

Now if I could delete the other account

RIP Buddy

AND according to the High Desert Ranger, I can not delete my account  lol.

Oh wow, so sorry to hear this news. Such a genuine good dude, gone too soon. You will be missed!