RIP Douglas Clark

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyndi

Reaction score
I met Doug an a RTR several years ago.

This was posted on fb, today

"Fellow Nomad lost Covid battle...

"Alright I have permission now to go ahead with a very sad announcement. I'm tagging Douglas Clark so our mutual friends know who I'm talking about. A couple nights ago, Doug's health took a turn for the worse. You know he nearly lost his leg due to infection and spent well over 100 days in the hospital and nursing /wound care centers. He went through painful skin grafts and surgeries, never knowing if he could keep it but in the end, he was well on the mend and set free. He flew too high, too fast, too far I'm sorry to announce.

At the hospital it was discovered he was positive for Covid-19. The virus set the infection into high gear and he ended up have several amputations...and none of them the leg in question. His organs began quickly shutting down and he was placed on life support.

Doug died late last night in Flagstaff, Arizona in a hospital in a medically induced coma while on life support. He had lost a leg, an arm and likely would have lost more so it sadly is for the best but damn this hurts after losing Cory Cleveland recently.

Enjoy the endless highway, Doug. May your travels always be Oregon coastline, your van always be hot-boxed and there always be a Buddy by your side. Every time I smoke from the beautiful pipe you gave me, I'll remember the fun times we had. Thank you for helping my light-weight ass back to my bus after a particularly potent visit to you and Bud-man. I'm so sorry. :(

Taken from Dakota Waters post"

Thanks for posting. This is such sad news. We met Doug at the RTR and got to know him just a little. Way too soon to lose a valued member of our community.

I was on the 2019 RTR volunteer construction crew with him........Quite the character.......Doug, You will be missed

What a shame, he seemed to be healthy and happy in the video. Just goes to show you ... do it now.