RIP highdesertranger

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if this thread can be made a 'sticky'...at least for awhile.

It needs to stay up top in case forum members who only log in occasionally might miss it.

Thanks.

Or perhaps there could be a memorial section on the forum where people can leave tributes to members who have passed away? Then such threads can be moved to that area.

tx2sturgis said:
I wonder if this thread can be made a 'sticky'...at least for awhile.

It needs to stay up top in case forum members who only log in occasionally might miss it.

Thanks.
If every one took turns sharing what they remember, it would give the thread some traction.

I’m not sure how long Mike knew he was sick but he told me about it a few months ago and asked me to keep it quiet because he wanted to announce it on the forum himself. It’s unfortunate that he did not as many of his friends knew nothing about it and would have wanted a chance for a last talk.

Mike was a great guy and I camped with him several times and we spoke on the phone now and then. He only just retired and had big plans to be able to live his dream of being a full time prospector. I know he had an Alaska trip planned.

I’m sick that he didn’t get to live his dream. Life is such that any of us can pass at any time. This serves as a reminder to me to make each day precious.

I’m hoping to have a little memorial campfire some time this winter in Quartzsite.

Rest In Peace Michael.

Thank you, Mike, for all you shared.
We got to know each other pretty well on the 6 week excursion.
I told several folks that you were the closest to a Mountain man I believe I ever met.

Happy Trails!!!

Early 2020, somewhere in NV

Attachments

• 20200518_112425 (2020-05-21T14_07_12.000).jpg
    20200518_112425 (2020-05-21T14_07_12.000).jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 93
So Sorry to hear about this.  I think he was one of our best examples of how to go about Cheap RV Living  and I'm so glad he got to share his knowledge in this forum for the rest of us to benefit from.  I've gained much from reading his post over the years.  

Sorry you lost a good friend Jim.

very shocking to read HDR has passed. So sad. :(

sending prayers to family and friends.

So many of us have had our paths made just a little bit smoother in so many ways from his contributions. Certainly I have. Thank you.

I only met mike in person twice at two different RTR's, but he and I had some great interactions here on the forum. I'll miss his presence here and his wit most of all.

I was so looking forward to seeing Mike this winter. You are missed already.

Oh no :(

Such a helpful and nice person here. I am very sorry to hear this.

Well, that's certainly some shocking news. His opinions and advice are certainly going to be missed here. RIP, HDR

Seemed to have had a full life. No doubt he had a positive impact on many people.
Can't ask for more than that.

I definitely learned quite a bit from his technical knowledge that he shared here.

I feel like someone stole my favorite "how to" book and its no longer in print.