RIP highdesertranger

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gypsy108 said:
O. M. G.    

i can't believe it.   I wanted to meet him.  I thought very highly of him.  It doesn't seem real.......
Same. So sorry to hear of his passing. :(

These are the saddest news. I had looked forward to meeting him and doing some gold-digging for fun and adventure.
We miss you already HDR.
Rest in peace.

Well this is terrible! It was just the other day we were conversing. He will be missed by many. Any day can be our day, cherish what you gots...

the rascal had me even dreaming of gold! so sad that he was retired for just a little while, as that is one of my big fears too. RIP HDR!

I have much enjoyed reading HDR’s posts most every day and he was kind to spend precious time here helping us on the forum.  Seems few things in life are assured.

I feel like i lost my tribe.........i felt i would have fit in with camping with him.....now i don't know where to go....

We all know that we’re going to die someday. But it’s still a shock for somebody you know goes. I had some good emails back-and-forth with the man and some back-and-forth on this site too. I’ve emailed Bob Wells for years and I called him my best friend I never met. maybe HDR fits in that category too. He may get kicked out of heaven for digging up the streets of gold. :) :) :).

What a shock, it's taken this long to take it all in.

I never met Mike but thought I knew him in a way through his posts. I had looked forward to meeting him some day.

At a low point in my life and out of the blue I had contacted Mike by PM to unload a bit. Pretty crazy of me but he really helped me with his council.

I will miss his low key humor as much as his technical advise.

Guy

I've been so busy with travel, family and my brother in law's memorial services lately I completely missed this distressing news about Mike. That's terrible... I will miss seeing him here on the forum. Sad!

Before I joined this community I was a lurker ?. I probably read every post, even all the technical stuff I truly did not understand. Why??? I wanted to soak up all the information out there on the nomad lifestyle….the good the bad and the dirty parts.

I always enjoyed HIghdesertstrangers posts because he was a bank vault of information. I also noticed his sense of humor.

I am so very sorry for those of you who knew Mike personally. I know you have lost a good friend.

May all of you find peace in this difficult situation.

Shyian

Several times a day I think 'When I see Mike this winter I want to show him/ask him/ talk to him about... Still not real to me he's gone.

One of our best is laid to rest...Mike, we will always remember and miss you.

Was highdesertranger in any cheaprvliving videos?

I dunno if he was or not. I don’t watch the videos myself. When we had the rtrs he used to give a class on prospecting for gold. He was a character and always willing to help anyone. Funny guy. He will be missed.

I tried to find a pic and thought I had more but this is when we were in his mining camp somewhere near the Grand Canyon. You can barely see him over the truck.

9c887b526bdc1307b07df09e4b153761.jpg

RIP. He was one of the best people for info. I will miss him.

Friendly, out going and more than willing to spread his knowledge. You will be missed HDR!
RIP...

Cammalu,

Thanks so much for posting that obit. Loved the photograph. Such a gentle and beautiful reminder that we were all young once.

Johnny

happy i was able to answer any of his questions and he was helpful to me on here as well seems like he was fast too help some one on here im sure his presence will be missed.