References & letters of recommendation

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phoenix900

Reaction score
What about references if you move back into conventional housing? You won't have a rental or housing history.

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp; Having references doesn't change because you go on the road. Family, friends, previous employers will all give references when needed. Whether they are good or bad is up to you lol.</P>

personal references aren't what they used to be, unfortunately. A lot of land lords and most real estate management offices do credit and criminal checks, for verification purposes.<br><br>That said, I keep references for my dogs and myself going back to 1977 when I first moved out of my parent's home. It can't hurt! I've gotten them from every landlord (in which my dogs' behavior is mentioned), my vets and almost every pet sitting/dog training client (showing responsible pet ownership). <br><br>When I ask someone for a reference, I offer to type something up so they don't have to. Mostly everyone prefers that.<br>