Random Thoughts and Wandering Minds Thread

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
closeanuf said:
Idaho ain't safe anymore.  Too many folks moving there to escape California but bringing California ways with them. IMHO

This is my biggest pet peeve.  People that flee one state to another, yet bring all the BS with them.  I'm from Mass and moved to Maine because I can't stand Mass.  I bring zero of Mass's ideals with me.  But lots of people are moving up here from Mass and slowly changing the fabric of Maine to be more like Mass.  

Why move then?!

Every Road Leads Home said:
Why move then?!

If I recall my history correctly, the concept is generally known as "Manifest Destiny."

If anyone expects things to never change, they are delusional. 

EXAMPLE.  I grew up in a small california county, were everyone knew the children, prices were reasonable, schools exceptional, and traffic was minimal.  As a 10 year old I could ride the two miles into town, and spend the day without worry.  

Today that county generates $2 Billion a year in tourism revenues.  3,500,000 people a year.  It takes more than 1 1/2 hour to drive the 25 miles down the main road from one end of the county to the other.  Land went from $1,000 an acre to $1,000,000  

Welcome to America.

When I can carry it no more, I will "pass the ball to a receiver". But I have no idea what they would do with it.