Random Thoughts and Wandering Minds Thread

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GotSmart

Reaction score
:blush:

I for one will many times run off topic and post something only slightly related to the subject at hand.   :D  This thread is for that purpose.  

I enjoy watching how a thread evolves into different subjects and conversations.  

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE no fighting or other breaking of forum rules.  

As always this thread is supervised by the CRVL moderators, that do a job babysitting us troublemakers.  :cool:  My gratitude to all of you mods for your toleration and not making me stand in the corner.

To start this off, I want to make a point about the reliability of information found on other places on this media.   :p

Attachments

• internet.jpg
    internet.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 14
GotSmart said:
:blush:

I for one will many times run off topic and post something only slightly related to the subject at hand.   :D  This thread is for that purpose.  
<-------->
To start this off, I want to make a point about the reliability of information found on other places on this media.   :p

That photo with text is just wrong, but only known to be so by us that are Bold enough to give our ages away. :p

Ballenxj said:
That photo with text is just wrong, but only known to be so by us that are Bold enough to give our ages away. :p

The very first time I felt old was when I overheard a teenager in the record aisle looking at a Beatles album and exclaiming: "Hey, Look!  Paul McCartney was in a band before Wings!"

I remember my son once asking "Paul McCartney was in a band before Wings?"
Now you just google those questions, but the answer you get may be wrong. The internet is not a library and things aren't listed as fiction or nonfiction. May the reader beware. Even I have been full of shit on occasion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I had my kids look up the star of their favorite childhood cartoon they just about died.  Mr Conductor was played by Ringo Star, and George Carlin. 

George Carlin doing kiddy cartoons.  Who would have predicted that from the man that did  the 7 deadly words? 

(Warning for those easily offended.) 

Ballenxj said:

Attachments

• kieth.jpg
    kieth.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 14
Magical Mystery Tour one of those rare childhood albums that is good today along with Moody Blues Days of future passed

GotSmart said:
When I had my kids look up the star of their favorite childhood cartoon they just about died.  Mr Conductor was played by Ringo Star, and George Carlin. 

George Carlin doing kiddy cartoons.  Who would have predicted that from the man that did  the 7 deadly words? 

(Warning for those easily offended.) 

And... ANY discussion of Mr. Conductor must also include Alec Baldwin... although the Hippy Dippy Weatherman gets my vote for the best actor in the role. 

I've made it my mission in life to use the seven words you can't say on TV, in succession as fast as possible in every public place I go... just for effect.  <grin>

Worked at a job with a bunch of twenty somethings. They were so surprised that I knew the words to so many current songs. Didn't know they were all remakes. They knew the Yellow Submarine cartoon but not the band. I mentioned George Harrison and just got dumb looks. How many of you know who Pete Best is?

GotSmart said:
Who would have predicted that from the man that did  the 7 deadly words?

Hah! Good one, and reminds me of what happened in the knife thread.  :)  :(   :huh:   :(

decodancer said:
 How many of you know who Pete Best is?

The "prototype Ringo Star" Pete Best?  <grin>

I remember Pete Seeger, the Weavers,  and Malvina Reynolds!  And how 'bout the Serendipity Singers and the Swingle Singers? Anybody remember any of them?

Howz THAT for free-association in a free-thought thread?

pete seeger's a national treasure,everyone knows him

Optimistic Paranoid said:
The very first time I felt old was when I overheard a teenager in the record aisle looking at a Beatles album and exclaiming: "Hey, Look!  Paul McCartney was in a band before Wings!"

LOL, had the exact same thing happen to me.  Another time I decided I was getting old was the first time I realized someone born after I graduated was old enough to legally buy alcohol....

hepcat said:

We "did" get what we paid for. :p  I think Pete Best changed his name to Pete Pissed after he saw the end result.

hepcat said:
The "prototype Ringo Star" Pete Best?  <grin>

I remember Pete Seeger, the Weavers,  and Malvina Reynolds!  And how 'bout the Serendipity Singers and the Swingle Singers?  Anybody remember any of them?

^^^^
Reminded me that the Paul McCartney we all think we know is actually just a doppleganger for the real man that secretly died long before the Beatles broke up (I was already "old" the first time I heard about this "conspiracy", lol)

I knew I was old when a neighbor kid picked up my Dark Side of the Moon 8~track and said   "I never heard of this game.    :dodgy:

Loved Dark Side of the Moon and played the record to death. First concert I ever went to was Jethro Tull. Back when a concert was so filled with funny smelly smoke, you couldn't even think straight. A kid at work said he'd never heard of "him" of course.

How many people know how many nuclear accidents/ incidents we have survived. We really are lucky and blessed yet we have lived with the threat without really knowing or caring so maybe the music really does make us live.

Do you mean incidents like nuclear war or do you mean incidents involving nuclear power? I imagine there have been many close calls if you are talking about nuclear war. The most famous being in the 80's when the Soviet early warning system malfunctioned and a Russian soldier decided not to launch a counterattack. He made the decision because the system said 5 warheads were on the way and he just knew that if the USA were to do this, they would send more than 5. Whew.