Pirate Camp Winter Season 2022-23

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just soes peoples knows.. there is a Van Aide gathering in '23... same bat time, same bat channel...

We beat the workbench vise to death with that swivel.................time for a new oneView attachment 33162

This time it's doubled 3/4" plywood...........Nice and Strong...........The Box is a fitted toolbox

View attachment 33163

Router and accessories..........2 jigsaws...........and a vibrating pad sander................all about 50 yrs old

View attachment 33164

That's a DIY router table

View attachment 33165

Clamps......Hacksaw...Hand saw..........Taps.........CLAMPS.....Files.............and MORE

View attachment 33166

And the Vise and Workbench get turned upside-down to fit into the Box

The Box rolls under the bed from the garage for storage

Cold now......headed off to bed..................Arrrrgh
Sorry for my sturdy swivel leading to vise bench destruction - but this looks like a BIG silver lining! Nice organization.

Wow, abnorm! Great work. I'm a bit surprised you are still in Pahrump. 0.0
Oh, I managed to figure out the loose spark igniter on the wave heater. Seems a washer thingy came loose which was what the spark thing screwed into. How's that for technical terms? Lol Works now, just in time for the cold.

Pesky wind is keeping me from wanting to work on projects so I am escaping towards Quartzsite on Sunday or Monday. The wind speeds are going to be much more moderate in Q according to the 10 day forecast.

I might show up at Van aid for a while to find a volunteer to help me glue my trailer headliner in place. Much easier to do with a partner. Tall men should not apply, it will not be an easy job for them 🤬

Electrical gremlins flew in on the wind. Not one but two of them. One attacked the 12v plug on my fridge, the other won’t let the controller to my diesel Nordic stove/heater even think about turning on.

No advice or help required. Just whining a bit about having more maintenance chores to do.

just soes peoples knows.. there is a Van Aide gathering in '23... same bat time, same bat channel...
Different spelling though. Tyll spelled it Van Aid, which is the right way to spell it. Adding an e on the end of the word changes the meaning to being a person’s occupation. Example … an aide to a US senator.

Last edited:
Different spelling though. Tyll spelled it Van Aid, which is the right way to spell it. Adding an e on the end of the word changes the meaning to being a person’s occupation. Example … an aide to a US senator.
Aide Abbey Norm to Congressman R. V. Survival.

Yeah, clearly should be Van Aides, RVN :ROFLMAO:

Unless, mais oui, ve are referring to ze French version l'aide à la fourgonnette ...

Last edited:
If we start spelling things right it might look like an organized event... haha
No danger of that no matter how you spell it 😜

Cat herding is never going to look organized or even coordinated.

Cat herding is poetry in motion.

Just like playing 3D chess.

Doug knows how to herd cats.

Cat herding is poetry in motion.

Just like playing 3D chess.

Doug knows how to herd cats.
Yes Doug is excellent at herding the two cats who live in his van. In fact they are very well trained cats. As are the ones who live in your motorhome.

It is the free range, feral cats who walk upright on 2 legs, who are very difficult to herd.

Status
Not open for further replies.