Pirate Camp Winter Season 2022-23

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But Bob Wells could benefit from the original Version of army green duck tape as he had his campulance painted pretty close to army green.

Wanderingrose, feeding a ravenous hoard of pirates is going to be a real budget buster. Plus a well fed crew is a truly lazy bunch of loafers. Got to keep them lean, mean and hungry, except for the captain…

It's Cold and Windy and I'm not even close to packing up !

"Never trust a skinny cook "............we eat good in camp

The Max fan I was supposed to install got installed by HOWA boys........

No Power !.......the "hole" in the camper was a little small so they forced it in place ?......I can't remove it to fix wires !

I had to channel across the ceiling for new supply wires.....................and WHITE GORILLA TAPE to the rescue !

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.”​

― Benjamin Franklin

The owner should have gotten you to do it right in the first place..... Abnorm

Abnorm, The clerks at Home Depot in Lake Havasu City said they have laid in extra provisions ahead of the upcoming Pirate attack.

Not that cold here but it is a bit windy so long sleeve weather today. I have my bird poop deck hatch battened down.

Totally uninspired to get tools out this last couple of weeks. Just seems like too much work to pull tools out and put them back away.

Saw that the HOWA Van build end of project open house interviews and filming event and celebration got canceled due to another positive Covid test from a participant. At least they were pretty much done with build projects by then.

Last edited:
She did not actually invent it. She just wrote a letter to the president of the USA complaining about the tape the military was using. The president then contacted the company Jonson and Johnson and sent them a copy of her letter. Their engineering division then began the process of designing and testing a new suitable for the purpose adhesive tape product.

Wtritting a complaint letter about a pre existing tape is not even close to being the same thing as inventing a new tape product that became known as duct tape.

Lots of women are inventors and product engineers but Vesta Stoudt is not one of them. However she was an effective complainer meaning she was a catalyst that started a process. She took the time to write a letter to her top level boss person who was head of the US Army she was working for.
She did not actually invent it. She just wrote a letter to the president of the USA complaining about the tape the military was using.
The Johnson & Johnson website SAYS she invented it. Maybe they should know?

The blurb on the JJ site is meant for good PR. Should just be credit for coming up with the idea.

Seems tape, in general, goes back further than we think. Thousands of years ago for cloth (linen) soaked in plaster.

More recently, surgical tape (using cloth) was invented in 1845.

"The history of adhesive tapes can be traced back to 1845. Dr. Horace Day applied a rubber adhesive to a strip of fabrics - that is how the world saw the very first invention of a surgical tape."

So tape has been refined for thousands of years. Ever since it was first "invented", lol. The patents for different glues started in the 1700's.

https://www.abitape.eu/history-of-tape

And catching up on posting.........................

Well that Battery Disconnect didn't "work" the way she wanted (Computer and Clock issues).........back to stock

But Deb's Bus needed some to save her from being stranded

Deb Battery cable.jpgHmmmm.....that's not right

Deb Right Bat.jpg

Now that looks better and a DISCONNECT !

Deb Left Bat.jpg

And a second DISCONNECT...............the bus is still a work-in-progress.........Save the Batteries !

lisa 4 USB.jpg

We ordered and installed a replacement 12 volt USB port......a 4-plex with a decora plate.......It's located right at "toe" level in a custom van coach under a Dinette sofa...............bad location/design

Later..............Thanks for watching

We beat the workbench vise to death with that swivel.................time for a new onevise.jpg

This time it's doubled 3/4" plywood...........Nice and Strong...........The Box is a fitted toolbox

boxed router.jpg

Router and accessories..........2 jigsaws...........and a vibrating pad sander................all about 50 yrs old

router table.jpg

That's a DIY router table

boxed tools.jpg

Clamps......Hacksaw...Hand saw..........Taps.........CLAMPS.....Files.............and MORE

boxed vise.jpg

And the Vise and Workbench get turned upside-down to fit into the Box

The Box rolls under the bed from the garage for storage

Cold now......headed off to bed..................Arrrrgh

Last edited:
All I can say is that a mummy was found in Portugal that was 8,000 years old. Now that is a long lasting use of cloth tape.

Whatever you call it.

Abnorm, The clerks at Home Depot in Lake Havasu City said they have laid in extra provisions ahead of the upcoming Pirate attack.

Not that cold here but it is a bit windy so long sleeve weather today. I have my bird poop deck hatch battened down.

Totally uninspired to get tools out this last couple of weeks. Just seems like too much work to pull tools out and put them back away.

Saw that the HOWA Van build end of project open house interviews and filming event and celebration got canceled due to another positive Covid test from a participant. At least they were pretty much done with build projects by then.
Furn. In lake Havasu City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts