Pirate Camp Winter Season 2022-23

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very classic! Good job you guys!!! Classic classy people you are. Arrrr!

I was naut a part of that job... I has made an eee-scape down to Q, where it is a wee bit warmer than P... jumped through a couple of silly hoops getting my annual fee in cash.... did some mega shopping at Sam's and Wally world.. bought a crap ton of gasoline.. $3.37 in Bullhead City....

I guess nights are starting to get colder in Pahrump. Makes sense, it is almost November and cold fronts do happen more frequently in the mid fall season. It was a warmer fall in 2021 and 2022.

Quartzsite temps are just about perfect this coming week.

Last edited:
The LTVA fees can be paid with a check. I do not write checks very often but they come in handy now and again every year or two. Last time I wrote one was likely for a campground fee for a drop box slot where I did not have the right denominations of bills amount in my wallet.

Last edited:
The LTVA offices will be open in the morning to sell season passes. Prior to today, they had no stickers.

I haven't used checks for a long time, don't even have any. I did not know they would take a check... they do not take debit/credit cards, or at least they didn't last year...

@Sleep Your spot is here at South La Posa... ;)

Falcon 9 out of Vandenburg........................................

We're going to have to hurry.............overnight temps will fall into the 30's this coming week.....Q by Wednesday

NEXT:
Maxaire fan install
Repair roof access Ladder
Jeep sunvisor repair
Caulk the Kitchen
Finish backrest/car bed
Wave? ignitor repair

and I've got plastic/repair parts for my van........and a fan speed resistor to install.............and then Pack it all up!!!!!!!!

Mid to upper 30s only for a couple of hours just before sunrise in Pahrump? No worries Doug, even if you stay up late you will still miss that low spot of the day and it will be warmed up when you do get out of bed.

Hoping to head south soon while it is still warm. I hope to get some stuff sorted and cleaned up here and get on the road by mid November. Should I get over to Quartzsite this winter I’ll try to look you guys up.

Goodbye Pahrump my ol friend
Not level there but we can bend.
We will see you in April
When the temps have lost their chill,
And the tortoises come crawling out their den
....... I'll see you then
In pahrump.. in April

Arrrrr

Pirate.JPG

The LTVA offices will be open in the morning to sell season passes. Prior to today, they had no stickers.

I haven't used checks for a long time, don't even have any. I did not know they would take a check... they do not take debit/credit cards, or at least they didn't last year...

@Sleep Your spot is here at South La Posa... ;)
Wait...you are in La Posa South??

So am I!!

By the way, I'm down to take advantage of any build help... especially with the solar setup.

Make a right AFTER the first vault toilet on the right.............A ROAD.....not the toilet area.....

Jason's LARGE Brown Class A is on the right after the first wash

We will be there this week

Make a right AFTER the first vault toilet on the right.............A ROAD.....not the toilet area.....

Jason's LARGE Brown Class A is on the right after the first wash

We will be there this week
My disability hits on the 3rd (this Thursday) and I will be able to purchase materials after that.

I plan to make a trip to Gilbert sometime soon so I can hit up Santan for a panel. Prior to the Gilbert trip I will need to build a roof for the panel and a couple other things.

Btw, if it helps I measured my roof the other day and what I consider the usable area is 90" x 41".

I also need to be somewhat close to a vault toilet since I am not self-contained.

Status
Not open for further replies.