Pirate Camp Winter Season 2022-23

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This won’t be the last time nomads need care and compassion, especially when sponsoring large events but also throughout the other times. Escapee’s did a wonderful thing with their Care center and even incorporated preventive medicine with their health fairs. Maybe HOWA needs to start considering working with the community and other organizations to address many of the medical issues nomads face. Hopefully this has opened up an opportunity to learn about how important good health and preventative medicine are to the nomadic community HOWA is attempting to help. Best wishes to everyone who is attending! Do what you need to do to stay safe!

Interesting, that HOWA message has not arrived in my emails. Maybe it only went out to recipients but not to volunteers? I could not find it on the HOWA Facebook page or their website.

Last edited:
HOWA's message tonight:

Care, Compassion and Creativity in Action
The best laid plans of the BYOV ...
You can tell a lot about people/organizations by how they act when things go wrong. This seemed impressive + made me want to follow HOWA more closely. Speedy recovery to the volunteer who got Covid, safety to everyone, and success asap to the BYOV projects!(y)

They did a good job of hiding it. 🤣

And of course some people hate Facebook and will never find it.

Hating anything is a waste of energy... FB serves to connect people in a way that was never seen before it.... It is not that hard to make FB do what you want and have it f-off otherwise... taking control of it instead of hating it is way more productive....

It is not that hard to make FB do what you want and have it f-off otherwise... taking control of it instead of hating it is way more productive....
Or you can do both LOL that would be me. I mostly use it to stay up to date on orgs that prefer to communicate that way. And a couple of friends from very far away who I don't have much language in common with -- it's easier to overcome the language barrier if you can just send goofy memes -- otherwise I'm on strict short rations b/c I have a tendency to get ticked off about the stupid stuff.

Use it, don't let it use you -- I'm all for that. I go looking for what I want instead of clicking on their suggested links. And I remove cookies as soon as I sign out so they can't track me all over the web. (Yeah I'm sure that solves about 1/1000 of cyber-privacy issues but it makes me feel better.)

I don’t hate Facebook or Love it either one. But respect that other people do not like it. They have valid, to them, reasons for not liking it.

I don’t like licorice, chewing gum or Fench’s yellow mustard but it bothers some people that I turn it down when they offer it to me. They can’t understand why I do not like it.

Hating anything is a waste of energy... FB serves to connect people in a way that was never seen before it.... It is not that hard to make FB do what you want and have it f-off otherwise... taking control of it instead of hating it is way more productive....
Are you kidding? Don’t you realize how many people are not even close to being tech savvy enough to making Facebook behave? At the 1st HOWA Red Caravan last year I had to teach someone who just got his first smart phone how to send an email and set up contacts and bookmark a website. He could not have even created a Facebook page.

Don’t you realize how many people are not even close to being tech savvy enough to making Facebook behave?

Most of us have had to learn things to get by... this is just another.... help is out there, but like anything else there is effort that need be applied... those "most people" need to get on top of it and use tech to their advantage.....

Have decided to leave Colorado earlier than planned, on Thursday or Friday. Don’t usually like to travel on weekends but sometimes you have to be willing to make alternate plans. Looking forward to seeing my Pirate camp friends again! Bella hasn’t had much outdoor space here so i’m sure she will be happy to have some wide open spaces again.

More frustrations with the BYOV. The communication between the phone tree people, the email people and the build teams just isn’t there because only the build teams understand the nature of the actual work. They keep assigning me to long days of back breaking work

Big Pirate like aargh. I finally gave up on volunteering this fall and told a person on the phone to take my name off the list of volunteers. Time to focus on other things like finishing my own build.

I will still be pitching in with helping others now and again when I can as we meet on the road. Of course Pirate Camp is self sufficient not needing my help. Doug is king size so not the right assistant for helping put up headliner in my not very big travel trailer. So just I hang around for the Klondike Bars and potlucks along with kitty cat and dog visiting.

The first song on this album ( flat black plastic disc with grooves on which music is put ) pretty much describes this day ... phew
(PS I bought this album 50 years ago... and still have it!)

Smokin' - Humble Pie - Hot 'N Nasty

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.