Pirate Camp Winter Season 2022-23

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's time to think about another van build season in the Desert SouthWest................PIRATE CAMP

Pirate Camp is an opportunity to get Help with your Nomadic "house" build......The Help is Free......You need to buy your own supplies....

View attachment 32663

Here's an earlier thread https://vanlivingforum.com/threads/pirate-camp-a-build-opportunity.41230/

We're Nomads....still in Oregon.....here's a rough schedule of WHEN/WHERE:

Pahrump in October...........Lake Havassu early November...........Quartzsite LTVA in Nov, Dec and (RTR) Jan..........VanAid in the area in February

IF you are interested.........Post in this thread......or Send me a PM/Conversation (envelope right corner).....we TEXT out on the road........I'll send a Phone #
Just got to Quartzsite a couple weeks ago. Where are you located on the ltvas? I would love to find you. I have some tools and some skills to help out. Could also use some collaborative brainstorming on a couple of projects I have in mind for my van.

You calling Pirate camp a dooky hole? Run away as fast as you can before the canon fire practice starts!

Last edited:
Hiya Headache........Michael

Windy today so I'm Beta-testing a half Turkey in the Crockpot

Turkey 1.jpg

The RoadRunner has 5 lb half Turkeys.......I dissected the bird...adding the wing and leg quarter to the bottom
then I deboned the breast and laid that on top of the wing...............Cream of Mushoom/Water and spice

And TIME........................

Just got to Quartzsite a couple weeks ago. Where are you located on the ltvas? I would love to find you. I have some tools and some skills to help out. Could also use some collaborative brainstorming on a couple of projects I have in mind for my van.

Sorry I missed your post..................SOUTH LTVA..................Locate the first vault toilet on the Right..........We're just beyond this point........Turn RIGHT on the road....thru the wash........NEXT RIGHT

PIRATE FLAG

Hiya Headache........Michael

Windy today so I'm Beta-testing a half Turkey in the Crockpot

And TIME........................
I'm definitely curious to see how that goes. I'll be breaking out the solar cookers but without an oven it can be tedious babysitting when windy. Now I want to pick up a half turkey. How much was it?

$1.99 a lb.....$10.15.....I'm gonna cook it til it's "gum-able" served with canned green beans/BACON

and cranberry sauce......and BREAD.....................By the SMEEELL of it it's working !!!!

We bought some of RAV's incredible campmade Sourdough Bread yesterday....she's got a booth in town this year !

$1.99 a lb.....$10.15.....I'm gonna cook it til it's "gum-able" served with canned green beans/BACON

and cranberry sauce......and BREAD.....................By the SMEEELL of it it's working !!!!

We bought some of RAV's incredible campmade Sourdough Bread yesterday....she's got a booth in town this year !
Where Rav’s Sourdough is being sold. Copied from her Facebook posting in Meet in Q group. This is an old posting from last week quoted below and it does not necessarily reflect the hours for other weeks. Rav is “Tina Cherry” on Facebook

Campfire Sourdough will be at Vendors on Main, between Thom’s Local Honey and The Horney Toade ( by the tall yellow tank) — Monday at 11 AM until sold out. (Saturday sold out in 1 hour 20 minutes!)

Sourdough Boule: $9

Production is limited and depends on weather, so there are no “regular” hours.

Last edited:
B&C (Brian) will definely be helping with sales when he shows up for the winter season. He loves to make French toast with her sourdough bread.

Hey Doug when I get there I make my own cranberry sauce. Will provide for Thanksgiving! I can also supply stuffing.

The Turkey was so tender.............BUT no crisp skin..................We may have to have MULTIPLE Turkey treatments

The Gas grill worked pretty good "roasting".................and the Solar Cooker

Cranberry ....CHECK

Stuffing.........CHECK............................thanks Sleep

Rav is AKA "Justina Cherry"............

Welcome to camp Random Painted Highway......we can almost see you out there parked in the 'back-forty'

And Welcome Spoulson ...............Thanks for stopping...............Maybe see you again at Thanksgiving !

I will roast a turkey in my convection oven.... so .. to find a smaller bird or half bird....... perhaps a breast only... oh look... Breast with bone in... Oooooo

............(edit and pastes as needed)
Sharon - Pumpkin Pie and Sweet Potatoes
Jason - Roast Turkey
The Doug - Something with Cream of Mushroom in it ( and maybe peas)
Sleep - Cranberry Sauce and Stuffing

( special order some bread from Rav ?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts