Pirate Camp Winter Season 2022-23

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll bring another manner of side... Can bring a desert or something too.
The long range forecast weather says it is supposed to be a 71 degree high. Not frying pan weather but it is warmer than we have seen for a while 🔥

Ok.. for attendance

Sharon - Sweet potato & Pumpkin Pie

Headache?
If this is an invite we'd be happy to stop by! Now that I'm feeling much better I might even be able to hang around for more than a half hour. :D

Michael gets a ham from work so we'll bring that, I'll be making green bean casserole and MAYBE oyster stuffing.

Sharon we love you! Sweet potatoe pie mmmmmmm!!!

RVNaut, please tell me what kind of convection oven you have. I'm replacing all the propane appliances in the trailer so I'm always on the look out for viable options.

We'll be leaving late Fri night or early Sat morning depending on how I feel and camping not far from where I did last year...only this time it will be a van only visit. We'll be heading back to Temecula the Monday after T Day. Not sure how good either of my WiFi's willing be working but there's a game or 2 to be seen....

RVNaut, please tell me what kind of convection oven you have.
This beast of a thing was original to this 2004 RV. (looks fopr model NUmb) Sharp R-1870 or R-1871 or R-1872.. It has a carousel... cooks pizza great!! 850 Watts on microwave and 1400 watts in convention mode.

Going to cancel on bringing gravy. I did not realize I would have to buy half a turkey. No way to fit that much meat in my little 12v fridge and have room for my other stuff.

I'll go ahead and make the gravy. I want to buy a half turkey and get it cooked up for the dark meat anyway. The two of us go through a lot of dark meat atm!

Arrrrrrg... there were some timber shiverin' last night maties!!!

Doug & Paulette - Grilled Turk
Maki- Not Gravy
Jason - Roast Turk / Apple Pie
Sherry - Cranberry and stuffing
Chip & Louise - Smashed Potato & Carrots
RPH - Some manner of Side
Jessie - yeah yeah...
Mark - Non alcoholic bevs
Ben - Side and a Dessert
Michael & Headache - Ham, Green Bean Casserole, Gravy... ( six arms and 3 ovens?)

We all climb into Doug's Van to Eat at 4pm... no.. really.. it's like a Tardis.. how the hell else do you think he gets all that stuff in there and a fridge, Paulette, two cats ( maybe more)....

Last edited:
Michael & Headache - Ham, Green Bean Casserole, Gravy... ( six arms and 3 ovens?)
Almost! I have 3 solar cookers, 2 low gas butane stoves and just got a high power butane stove that's just awesome! All I need now is some kind of small electrical oven that isn't a toaster oven that can run on the little genny and I'll be set for anything.

We'll be leaving in the morning. Then after a leisurely stroll across state lines I'll find whatever kiosk is open for our permit then stop by.

Ok ok after much fussing ( think hobbits ) there will be no incursion into the Tardis,, err ... I mean Doug and Paulette's Van...
er own drink if you go that way...
So bring implements of stuffing food in the maw.... a plate, a cup, your butt holder and a napkin ( or long sleeve)

Doug & Paulette - Grilled Turk
possible locals..? friend of Doug
Maki- Not Gravy
Jason - Roast Turk / Apple Pie
Sherry - Cranberry and stuffing
Chip & Louise - Smashed Potato & Carrots
RPH - Some manner of Side
Jessie - yeah yeah...
Mark - Non alcoholic bevs
Debbie - Broccoli
Ben - Side and a Dessert

(possibly new friend Arin.... Eh-Rin)

We will gather with tables/chairs etc around the fire pit on the north end of the notwash near that pile of firewood, anytime you are ready really. Weather looks great at this point.

Chow down at 4pm. You bring your chair, plate and utensils and a kick ass appetite

We will need tables.

If someone is going in to buy firewood in the next days, please pick me up a bundle as well for the pile.. cash money mahn.

Gobble Gobble

If it is windy on T-day then large wind blocking vehicles from the wagon train might be a needed advantage as an alternate gathering location. Won’t know reliably until Tuesday or Wednesday how strong a wind there might be or what direction it will be coming from.

Status
Not open for further replies.