Pirate Camp Winter Season 2022-23

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of projects started........no finished pictures yet

Here's today's ONE and DONE project.........Phone call from HOWA........NEW "Custom" seat base in an Astro

Barb.........one of last years van recipients.........Purchased a Retail $400 swivel +........

The PDF instructions indicated Grinding and Drilling necessary !

seat base.jpg
The swivel is also a replacement seat BASE........massive

seat rivets.jpg
The work required (8) thick rivets to be ground away

seat hole drilled.jpg
And the (4) end Rivets drilled out to accept 5/16" bolts.............. I have a VISE among my Vices

seat with base.jpg
Here we have the end result......Seat.......Curved slides.........and swivel base.........All attached

You can see some rivets that were not completely removed.....(not necessary)

seat finished.jpg

And the final install.....same height as the Driver seat........Locked in place

Hours !.............maybe 4 hours............Thank-You Jason

Last edited:
Thank-You Jason
Most Welcome....

That was a serious peice of hardware... I'd guess that swivel rig weighed 25#s.. over built like crazy... eliminating the rivets was the worst of it, but getting it out was also interesting... then there was the in/out/in/out at the end finally undertsanding how the lock would need to be positioned to lock the seat when facing forward... we claimed victory eventually... ;)

Jason I guess that job now qualifies you as an apprentice seaman. But a long ways to go to become the bosun’s mate.

"No Soup for You ! "

We continue to work on Dianne's Nissan Rogue................

We've removed the backseat and built a new plywood platform
dianne painting.jpg

Dianne is painting the raw plywood platform..............SWEAT EQUITY in the desert

dianne front seat.jpg

She decided to eliminate the front passenger seat also.........break out the Big Impact wrench

dianne seat gone.jpg

............................and moments later the space is empty....................Space: a New Frontier

There's lots more to come............................Welcome to Pirate Camp

Actual vertical partitions are rumored for the afternoon tea session.

Lots of projects started........no finished pictures yet

Here's today's ONE and DONE project.........Phone call from HOWA........NEW "Custom" seat base in an Astro

Barb.........one of last years van recipients.........Purchased a Retail $400 swivel +........

The PDF instructions indicated Grinding and Drilling necessary !

View attachment 32982
The swivel is also a replacement seat BASE........massive

View attachment 32983
The work required (8) thick rivets to be ground away

View attachment 32984
And the (4) end Rivets drilled out to accept 5/16" bolts.............. I have a VISE among my Vices

View attachment 32985
Here we have the end result......Seat.......Curved slides.........and swivel base.........All attached

You can see some rivets that were not completely removed.....(not necessary)

View attachment 32986

And the final install.....same height as the Driver seat........Locked in place

Hours !.............maybe 4 hours............Thank-You Jason
Thank you again and again for the brains, muscle, tools, and know-how to “git ‘er done” for me. I paid about $285 (scratch and dent discount, but neither of those was evident.) I’m very happy with the improvement to my home on wheels! Barbara

Another installment of Pirate Camp..................

Janell owns an "experienced" RV...........now She needs a solid Panel between the Bedroom and Kitchen

J kitchen.jpg

The kitchen is tired......molding needs REinstalled.....caulking !

J panel.jpg

It all starts on the saw table......Cut....sanded....routed edge.....sanded again........need some filler on the B side

AND OIL BASED PAINT..................

J final.jpg

And installed.......there's more caulking to do but we'll call this a final

Now Ann has a Truck camper that's seen better days............she also has a Honey-Do list

Ann light.jpg

The broken Tail light was an easy fix........fit a new fixture after soldering the wires

Ann hatch.jpg

Next it was the broken ceiling hatch

Ann operator.jpg
Ann broken strut.jpg

A broken NYLON Bushing is giving me trouble.................ACE is the Place.....I wish.....None in Pahrump

Windy.jpg

It was a little windy last Sunday.................Later

Arrrgh !

Hobby type 3D printers do not print in Nylon plastics.

There is a Hardware store just east of Basin right off the highway. They have a building in the back with those sets of small drawers full of individual hardware items. Of course you won’t know until you go look in person if they have any of the right size nylon bushings. You can order it online from McMaster Carr, pricey but better than no bushing.

^ ^^ Thanks

I was reminded what a wreck that sink area was today.......The RV was here for 4 hours !.....(well there are always the required "Safety Meetings" )......The particle board was seriously damaged.....sink counter/cabinet pulled 3/4" from the wall.........The white board is plastic exterior trim....cut to fit the space....generously Latex CAULKED in place as an adhesive....later latex caulk will waterproof the seams

The rubber T-molding fit a now sloppy particleboard groove in the countertop.........It took TWO packages of JB Weld for the front trim....and about a dozen clamps and masking tape

The panel is "Bolt and Nut" connected to the top cabinet, countertop and base cabinet.....all to one new "Normal"

Because Silicone was used in the past .....I'll use clear silicone for REsealing the existing sink/countertop joins

Status
Not open for further replies.