Official Summer RTR Dates: June 16-26, 2016

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry just passing along what I saw in case it meant anything.
I did say check it out....

I have been in Flagstaff area for 3 days. Been great. No rain in the forecast. Looks like smooth sailing for the RTR. Very relaxing place. Little bit windy but I am glad I came. Hope to meet everyone. Plently of sun for solar charging.

The map is centered on the coordinates for the RTR.

just want to remind folks..

Flagstaff, Arizona — Campfire and smoking restrictions will begin 8 a.m. Wednesday June 15, 2016 on the Coconino, Kaibab, Prescott and Apache-Sitgreaves National Forests in order to protect public health and reduce preventable human-caused fires.
Under the restrictions, fires, campfires, charcoal, coal and wood stoves are allowed in developed campgrounds only, which are managed by concessionaires or have campground hosts. The restrictions also limit smoking to within enclosed vehicles or buildings or in developed campgrounds. Using a device that is solely fueled by liquid petroleum (LPG, LP, propane, or butane) fuels that can be turned on and off is allowed in areas that are clear of flammable materials. Fireworks are always prohibited on all National Forest lands.

Richard said:
I was looking forward to this being my first RTR but circumstances dictate otherwise. Color me disappointed but looking forward to the next one!

I'm here after all! In town as I type this. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Watching this thread for location details. My cell is 505-717-5680. Feel free to call or text if you're so inclined :)

Richard
Bob posted maps and detailed directions on his blog today ;)

Ahh man so bummed i'm missing this one, but have every intention of making this winter's one. This has been the never ending summer of loose ends. Being sick for four years sure did leave a lot of unfinished business out there! Knocking them down one by one though. Planning on having a clean slate by the end of Fall

I may come out there to say hello tomorrow afternoon

Here is a blog post with specific directions:
http://www.cheaprvliving.com/blog/maps-summer-rtr-2016/

A video of the route to the site and below that  a map: Some have said the GPS coordinates aren't right, so you're much better off using the mileage I give you for the turns

[video=youtube]

Summer-RTR-16-9-detailed-SAT-641.jpg

I wish I could go! I'm still feverishly working on our build. We have a goal though to attend an RTR within the next 2 years. Can't wait!

Made it!!!
Will probably spend the night down at the next exit west, then head on over in daylight!

I'm Lisa, and so impressed with how caring and welcoming this group is.  I adore all the posts and youtube videos.  My dream is to buy and convert my own cargo van, and travel the country, boondocking, making friends, and having lots of fun and adventures.  I'm still a few years away from retirement and van dwelling, but am looking forward to coming up Saturday from the Phoenix area in my little Toyota Corolla to meet you all, and camp out Saturday night. 

It doesn't hurt that I'll also be escaping a record heat wave here in Phoenix.   :D

Welcome aboard the good ship CRVL Tussah !
Now , that's what I call incentive !
You'll get to meet Bob and maybe a few others at RTR.

Start a thread on newcomers corner and introduce yourself there , not everyone reads all the threads but lots of us keep an eye on the corner . ;)

i am arriving late Friday night from the west, Is the Pilot Station before the exit heading east on the 40 from Kingman, Way stay there until daylight

Wada said:
i am arriving late Friday night from the west, Is the Pilot Station before the exit heading east on the 40 from Kingman, Way stay there until daylight

Yeah, coming in at night could be hard, staying at the Pilot at Exit 185 seems like a good idea. You can get free water at a spigot across from the MacDonald drive through at the air compressor vending machine. It's city tap water and its free.
Bob

Hi all-
I'm planning on coming in on Saturday afternoon - just a car and a tent. ::) My first RTR as well as my first solo camping trip. 

Is there an AT&T signal?

Thanks - looking forward to meeting all of you!

Deb

akrvbob said:
Yeah, coming in at night could be hard, staying at the Pilot at Exit 185 seems like a good idea. You can get free water at a spigot across from the MacDonald drive through at the air compressor vending machine. It's city tap water and its free.
Bob

Thanks Bob, Trying to pack now, first time with RV not done , will be somewhat pleasant driving across 8 at night with high temperatures, 85 here bound to be 95 when leaving then the hot hot stuff

Wada
Sprinter Roadtrek Modified
San Diego