Summer RTR 2016 Highly Probable--Suggestions for Where and When?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be there for at least part of it.  Sounds like a fun gathering.  I may be in Colorado in July, so it would be on my way.

July and August can be more comfortable at night in the nose bleed sections. It's nice to not need the campfire to sit out at night. It can get to 80 in the shade during the daytime.

Damian Rolling said:
I will attend. 

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Damian

At the summer RTR we won't do seminars, we'll probably just sit around, pick a topic and talk about it as a  group

Chance are fair there will be a burn ban then, but if not you could bring firewood for a campfire. 
Bob

jimindenver said:
I have a wonderful NF area that would begreat. Maybe not 40 units in one clearing but easily 5 to 10 per clearing not too far apart.

Up sides are all the free downed and dry firewood you can burn, Large open space with lots of hiking, 4x4 and ATV access. Lake and free CG nearby for fishing, several smaller stores near by for light shopping of food, gas and beer. No water and trash.

Downsides are it's between 9 and 10,000 ft. Cool to colder at night at that time of year, there may be a fire ban, larger stores like walmart are there but a drive.

So come on up to the Rockies. We can get there early and occupy at least two large clearings until people start showing up with a 25 ft trailer in one and a 20 ft tent in another. I'll have internet available, the power station will be online and I bet we can charge up anything you have.
Where at? I'd thought about Leadville, CO as it's one of my favorite places and we might could even be where there is Verizon signal. 

But I think Flag is still better.
Bob

B and C said:
Count us as being there barring yet another funeral :huh:  Everything seems to come in threes.  Depending on who it is we may just not be able to make it. :dodgy:  Dang, getting old is HELL, everybody we know is getting older too.

We should be re-re-launching this weekend or early next week, OK, maybe mid week.  You know those jello things :D

You're getting really good at re-launching!
Bob

Gunny said:
How long will you be in the area? I'm not sure I can have all the details on my RV done by the 1st of june, it would be close.

There is almost always a group of us that spend the summer near Flagstaff. I plan to get there sometime in May when the odds of snow diminish. I'll probably be there until Mid-July when I"m thinking of chasing wildflowers in Colorado.
Bob

dang I have to be in Oregon in May so the pretty much blows it for me. y'all know we are going to need pics. highdesertranger

Bob, I can't think of any place that fits your list better than the forest near Flagstaff. It's perfect! And it's beautiful!
Our plans are jello too. As of now we won't be in the area in June but we might be in May. If we are we'll stop by for a few days. :)

akrvbob said:
Where at? I'd thought about Leadville, CO as it's one of my favorite places and we might could even be where there is Verizon signal. 

But I think Flag is still better.
Bob

Lots of places up there to chose from. We have been stuck in the Rock Creek road area between Jefferson and Tarryall res. for a bit so something new wouldn't be bad. I can also do so prep work with a few day runs, mvum's, etc. A fresh view of access, clearing sizes and popularity might be good.

Late may and early June is at the end of my busy season. It's also not the most enjoyable time up there. We could have a smaller regional RTR for those that can't make it to FS any time but the forth of July. The rest of the time if a few people can get up there by Wens or Thurs we can get the spots we will need.

I wanted to day trip this weekend but I only got a foot of snow last weekend, they got four. I'll work on mounting the system instead.

COUNT ME IN!!

My work schedule changes happened to work out so I'll be in Flagstaff the week of June 20. So I can be at this RTR the weekend before and/or the weekend after. YAY! Again - I'd probably just be camping in a rental SUV because I won't have my van out there.

Bob, the time and place is looking real good for me to make it. I will be in  Santa Fe/Southern CO late May early June so I will plan to attend this RTR.

Dang, I would like to meet you guys and show off our rig a bit, but we were thinking Montana and then Wyoming in June.   Isn't it just really hot in Flagstaff during the summer?   Having lived in Seattle for 18 years, 75 degrees is hot though.

Oh, no. Flagstaff is the bomb in summer. Highs in the 70's...
We're discussing attending this one.

So what's the latest? Dates? location? I've got wifey interested...