Official Summer RTR Dates: June 16-26, 2016

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5 miles on the freeway either direction gets you to a MacDonalds where you can get on line and plug in your laptop. Lot of us there will have excess solar so I'll try to match up anyone needing it to those with excess. It usually happens. The one problem is the forest is dense so we may not get all the solar we need to share.
Bob

Great video, you all are going to have a great time. I won't be able to make it by then, wish I could, but hope to finally join up with "my tribe" by the winter RTR. hahaha :)

Hi Bob,
Do I need to get a permit from the CNF office in Flagstaff?

ggwoman said:
Hi Bob,
Do I need to get a permit from the CNF office in Flagstaff?

Nevermind :blush: Listened AGAIN to the vid - NO permit. :)

I won't be able to attend this RTR because my may just be ready by then, but my daughter is having a baby and I need to be nearby. Expect to be out sometime after July 4 heading somewhere. Great Video Bob, Looking forward to meet some of you guys.

Just an FYI, I said previously that I would be there, but I'm not sure now.

I'm hopefully near closing on the sale of my house, and if that goes through, I won't be at this summer RTR. If that falls trough (and I keep working), then I will be at the RTR.

Hey Bob, just checking, is there a dog policy for this one? or free for all ;)

Nemo said:
Hey Bob, just checking, is there a dog policy for this one? or free for all ;)

As usual, it'll be a free-for-all! It's really surprising how well that ha worked, even with some really big groups. Little problems seem to sort themselves out.  

Everyone coming needs to be aware there will be lots of dogs running free and it can seem spooky. And one thing all dogs love to do is pee on everything in sight--it will happen!
Bob

Dog peeing on objects including people?

Wondering about the level of mosquitoes normally in the Flagstaff area, or any other regional issues to be aware of for us out of staters.   Weather forecast looks really inviting!  80's/40's.  Of course, for us Floridians, 40's will feel like the Arctic! lol   Can't wait!

I LOVE the low humidity, but as a kid, used to have intense nosebleeds when at Lake Havasu.   I'm counting on that not being an issue for me now after a couple subsequent nose cauterization's.  (Sorry, TMI.)

Forewarning to everyone! You are my pup's long lost friend that she hasn't seen in decades.

I was looking forward to this being my first RTR but circumstances dictate otherwise. Color me disappointed but looking forward to the next one!

If I appear at the RTR, all dogs will be welcome at my campsite

akrvbob said:
As usual, it'll be a free-for-all! It's really surprising how well that ha worked, even with some really big groups. Little problems seem to sort themselves out.  

Everyone coming needs to be aware there will be lots of dogs running free and it can seem spooky. And one thing all dogs love to do is pee on everything in sight--it will happen!
Bob

I think we have a different Idea of what works  :) I probably will be camped away a bit then, dont want things to be scented.

Nemo said:
I think we have a different Idea of what works  :) I probably will be camped away a bit then, dont want things to be scented.

I camped about in the middle of things at the winter RTR and never had a problem with dogs peeing on MY stuff, not even my tires... :rolleyes:

Yes, they pee, but then I saw a whole lot of adult males standing with their backs turned to the bushes, in that telltale stance... :D :D

I figure the dogs were just following by example!!

The dogs were mostly taken off site for their walks and or directed to the bushes. They were about as well behaved as a large group of dogs I've ever met!

Almost There said:
I camped about in the middle of things at the winter RTR and never had a problem with dogs peeing on MY stuff, not even my tires... :rolleyes:

Yes, they pee, but then I saw a whole lot of adult males standing with their backs turned to the bushes, in that telltale stance... :D :D

The dogs were mostly taken off site for their walks and or directed to the bushes. They were about as well behaved as a large group of dogs I've ever met!
Almost There, were you spying on Ben and Wolf and I down yonder?

Almost There said:

Glad you have had better luck than I :)

Well , on the bright side....
That does tend to keep the coyotes away! ;)

I'm not risking getting there early, so I won't get there until June 14th, 2 days early. It's 10 days so I can get there 2 days early and leave 2 days late and still be n my 14 day stay.

But there is a group of us over at Williams AZ, which is 25 miles west of you. Right now there are 10 of us. I'll attach two maps. You're welcome to join us.

I'm fairly certain some of us are over there, but they are scattered.
Bob

Attachments

• Map-Williams-wide-001.JPG
    Map-Williams-wide-001.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Map-Williams-SAT.JPG
    Map-Williams-SAT.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 33
Me and the dogs came in a few days ago running from the desert heat. Met some old friends and some new ones. Nice site. If you have a small dog be careful, some aggressive coyotes are here. There are some gentle trails for hiking. Its beautiful here. Nothing like enjoying your morning coffee Enjoying the scent of pine trees. It is dry, you may want to pick up saline nose drops so you don't get nose bleeds til you acclimate, that is if you are prone to them.
The little flowers scattered here and there are captivating.