NOT SURE WHAT TO DO?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skylarosse

Reaction score
Hey everyone, How are ya today? So i dont have anyone to talk to about my situation. So im going to ask you folks and see what ya all ahve to say before i go and do anything. By the way if you comment i sure do appreciate. 

So here we go.... well i have been staying in this house. Its a 4 bedroom  house and 2 full baths and it sits on 150 acres right outside spokane valley washington. The deal is i fix the place and keep people off the property and I get to live there rent free for now and then its only 500 a month for me. But things are starting to come to an end and i'm just not sure i want to stay here anymore. Its a beautiful property but Im not feeling it. So in the meanwhile, As i was working and thinking I was going to stay I bought a 2003 ford Expedition with 171,000 everything worked for 650 cash... got the title and everything.... now before i found this place where i am at now i was staying in my 1979 Ford E250 11 passenger van. And was liking it alot but i didn't have solar so it made things a little tough. Plus it was winter time, so I moved into this house. Now i'm wanting to say goodbye and get back on the road. Im confused and torn as what to do with my rigs... The 79 still run pretty good, but shes needing somethings... by the way i am a MECHANIC so i can fix whatever happens and i have the tooling to do so. But the expedition gets great milage and its quite comfortable and its the newest vehicle i've ever owned. already to it to Mt.Hood. So i know how nice it is but I know there is now way I can live in it.Im 6'6" and i have a lot of tools that i will need to bring because ill need to work from the road every now and then. But i have many skills... Anyway So I dont know what to do. Sell the Expedition and take that money and Build the van out or keep everything and buy a 750.00 car dolly to pull the van. I need the van to sleep in. Or seel the van and ty to get A trailer. I keep thinking about and wonder what to do.... any suggestions would be great thanks Everyone for reading....

An option you didn't mention is selling both the van and Expedition and getting something else. (Oh great, just what you need, more options complicating your decision. Sorry.)

Hi, I'm one to come up with crazy, outside the box ideas.

Will one rig tow the other?  That would give you an emergency vehicle.  You could make one your sleeping quarters, and the other your daytime pad.  :D
OK so it would be better to do as a previous poster said... sell both and get one that fits you.

just my two cents worth as well...what if you sell the expedition. build out the van for living space and get a small enclosed cargo trailer for the tools, extra supplies/storage...
I have an E350 that I live out of...have removed 2 of the bench seats for the moment and use the open space for storage/supplies...I'm
still deciding if I want to build out the van or get a cargo trailer and build that out for living in...yet another option for you to consider

Consideration for me would be comfort and space first.
you are 6'6 and you need carrying space.
sell all and find exactly what will work for you. On the road and traveling even if you 'need some junk' to make life a bit more comfortable, your daily living space must be comfortable to fit you and without that, you just aren't in a good place on a daily basis. Comfort in your daily living situation is very important if ya ask me :)
best of luck!

I own a 2006 Expedition. I own a 1987 B250. I would leave the Ford behind.

Having owned loved and hated my very own 2003 Expedition, I would say get rid of it as soon as you can. As a mechanic you might be aware that the Triton engine is notorious for blowing spark plugs out of the cylinder heads. If you have not already replaced that engine it’s probably getting close to that time in its limited life. I really enjoyed my Expedition and drove it on a few long road trips.

I now own a 92 E150 conversion that I picked up at a reasonable price. It has all the options you would need to start off with. If you are inclined to live out of your vehicle, my instinct says go with the Van!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

well I got it figured out. Im selling Everything and I bought a bigger and 10 year newer van. Very excited

MrNoodly said:
An option you didn't mention is selling both the van and Expedition and getting something else. (Oh great, just what you need, more options complicating your decision. Sorry.)

Actually, when I read your question, this is exactly what came to my mind. Since you have time to plan, why not buy a vehicle that suits your needs. I’m going to buy a Nissan NV 200 in about a month. The small cargo van has good fuel efficiency. It drives like a car. It fits in most parking spaces in the city. It has the right balance of comfort and stealth for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk