North East coast vandwellers- RTR anyone (NY?)?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zizzer_Zazzer_Zuz said:
So sad I missed this. Everything is taking so much longer than I hoped.

It's called Cheops Law:  Nothing ever comes in on time or under budget!

jimindenver said:
Well don't miss Flagstaff. Three os us are holding down the fort as I type.
I can't go that far till the house sells. I may head north ASAP not west. My mom wants to go to Newfoundland and she will be much happier seeing the rig in action before I head off in to the great unknown.

If I had made it on time I might have convinced her to come to NVER with me. She's an old hand at all of this. I'm at least a 3rd generation vagabond and camper builder. She has a 4wd Honda Element with a poptop that she travels in. Her brother would have wowed you guys. I have some of his gear and have made great use of it. Their father started making TT"s in the 20's and did the #vanlife thing after WWI while going to law school. His folks and my grandmothers had to get to Ohio somehow and covered wagon and horses, mules, and oxen were the diesels of the day. They were there before The Civil War or trains so wagons over The Appalachians was the way.

See, this is in my blood. Working against this has caused me more pain and misory for a large part of my "adult" life. I was raised roadntreking. I went on Dead Tour and hitchiking the Eastern Seaboard in the mid 80's then fell for the trap of work, bills, and drudgery.

The rain has stopped and the house is back to show ready. I should be able to spend the next 72 hours focused on my rig.

But I ramble.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

jimindenver said:
I'm not going to even pretend that I'm gonna.make that.

"Help me Obi Wan Canoby!" Yer not my last hope but I need a few last bits of clue to get my solar finished.

jimindenver said:

Still planning to head west soon. Maybe mid June will see me in Flag

Had a wonderful time at the NEVR.  Greg was a wonderful host and welcomed everyone who came.  I was total newbie to vanning as I only picked up my van the night before.  Greg told me to just throw in some stuff and come.  Everyone there was very welcoming and helpful.  Loved touring their vans, each one was different but every van was very comfortable looking.   Came away with a lot of ideas of what I hope to do to my van.    Thank you all! :D    Really loved the great campfires Greg built!

Have been away from the crvl site for a few months.. Hate i missed the get together... Are there any orhers in the East planned??  Idk that I could make it way up North but would love to meet up with others who may be in the SE or anyone that may be passing through Bama on their way to the beaches

Right now cuzzin Dick is at Tumbling Creek in TN. He's on fb & the vandweller list.

Looks like NEVR again will happen in October around the week of Columbus Day. I'm thinking Thursday thru Sunday which is the 12th thru 15th. I have about 4 already coming and room for a few more if anyone is interested. Great time to catch the fall foliage in the northeast.

vtwinkicker said:
Looks like NEVR again will happen in October around the week of Columbus Day. I'm thinking Thursday thru Sunday which is the 12th thru 15th. I have about 4 already coming and room for a few more if anyone is interested. Great time to catch the fall foliage in the northeast.

Hi Greg-

Flower Girl here in NYC...I agree the week you selected is the peak of foliage upstate near Woodstock/ New Paltz areas..

Where is your NEVR going to be happening, location-wise? 

So chilly out the last few nights I was realizing the fall was almost upon us!

Thanks for taking the initiative on this....Sounds like much fun...

FlowerGirl said:
Hi Greg-

Flower Girl here in NYC..
Where is your NEVR going to be happening, location-wise?

FlowerGirl,

It will take place near Cobleskill,NY which is about 45 min SW of Albany. We had about 8 show up for the May NEVR and about half will be returning for NEVR again. The rest are out west or heading south.

Still room for a few more for the fall NEVR. Location near Cobleskill, NY, about 45 minutes SW of Albany. If interested PM me ASAP. I will be mostly off grid by the end of next week.

I was thinking the same thing but in the NC and VA areas. I would love to meet people with the same interest .

I am so happy to be reading about the interest of an east coast event. I am in Arkansas. So far all the gatherings around here have been too expensive and based on a charity motive and a fee camp area. I wonder if a private land owner might give us space. I have been scouting in my state this year. Going out west all the time is limiting so many nomads that could benefit from the knowledge gained from the WRTR/RTR.

vtwinkicker said:
Still room for a few more for the fall NEVR. Location near Cobleskill, NY, about 45 minutes SW of Albany. If interested PM me ASAP. I will be mostly off grid by the end of next week.

Is this a free gathering? Do you have a link with the information? When is it? Interested.

LeeRevell said:
South East Coast here.  NY is a nonflyer for me.  Reasons.
Something in the Tenn/Ky/Carolinas area is doable, and more central.

I agree. I'm in Arkansas and would attend a gathering in Tenn/Ky areas.

South East Coast here for me, too. TN/KY/NC would be fine.

The post is TWO years old...……………..

....gives 'em plenty of time to agree on a location, LOL!