Buyers remorse..Seeking some guidance

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless they lied to you, and you can prove it, in writing, you have no recourse.

You missed the 72 hour/150 mile deadline for remorse return.

If you signed the paperwork, the truck, the payments, and anything else included on the paperwork is yours.

It's not their job to babysit you. It's their job to make money, and they are good at it.

Make sure you understand there is the dealership, the manufacturer, and the lender.

Chevrolet the manufacturer has nothing to do with this transaction.

Your transaction was with the dealership. And your financial transaction is with Chase.

If you want to get out from under it, your best recourse would be to try and sell it private party and recoup as much as you can.

You keep hyper focusing on the mold thing to the detriment of your decision making. In another very long thread you were asking for opinions on what to buy. Many many posts were good regarding being financially responsible. Of course in the way of this forum, it went off the rails a bit any owner wanted to tell you to buy the best new thing your money could buy. So you split the difference and bought a premium used truck at a new truck price.

My very strong suggestion is this:
Decide what you want to do. Then ask for the best way to do that thing.

Because if the previous thread, combined with this thread, is any indication, you're going to do your own thing regardless of suggestions. So we can probably be more effective at helping you with what your decide to do.

I truly wish you nothing but the best. Good luck.

Unless they lied to you, and you can prove it, in writing, you have no recourse.

You missed the 72 hour/150 mile deadline for remorse return.

If you signed the paperwork, the truck, the payments, and anything else included on the paperwork is yours.

It's not their job to babysit you. It's their job to make money, and they are good at it.

Make sure you understand there is the dealership, the manufacturer, and the lender.

Chevrolet the manufacturer has nothing to do with this transaction.

Your transaction was with the dealership. And your financial transaction is with Chase.

If you want to get out from under it, your best recourse would be to try and sell it private party and recoup as much as you can.

You keep hyper focusing on the mold thing to the detriment of your decision making. In another very long thread you were asking for opinions on what to buy. Many many posts were good regarding being financially responsible. Of course in the way of this forum, it went off the rails a bit any owner wanted to tell you to buy the best new thing your money could buy. So you split the difference and bought a premium used truck at a new truck price.

My very strong suggestion is this:
Decide what you want to do. Then ask for the best way to do that thing.

Because if the previous thread, combined with this thread, is any indication, you're going to do your own thing regardless of suggestions. So we can probably be more effective at helping you with what your decide to do.

I truly wish you nothing but the best. Good luck.
Sounds like an option worth looking into

How can I start the process of selling it to a private party?

This means losing the 20k down-payment on the truck?

Thank you

I think gas prices in 5 years isn't as important as your situation today and next year.

Before selling it, I would strongly suggest you talk to your financial advisor and really listen to what they say.

In your case, there are situations that can be a real negative for you if you don't do things correctly. You can spin around getting a bunch of conflicting info online, of course. But make sure to work through the options with someone that understands your situation.

Don't be impulsive, or make fast decisions. Your decision making process thus far is why this thread exists. Play it smart, take your time. Make a good decision for your future.

Good advice is only good if it's used properly.

I think gas prices in 5 years isn't as important as your situation today and next year.

Before selling it, I would strongly suggest you talk to your financial advisor and really listen to what they say.

In your case, there are situations that can be a real negative for you if you don't do things correctly. You can spin around getting a bunch of conflicting info online, of course. But make sure to work through the options with someone that understands your situation.

Don't be impulsive, or make fast decisions. Your decision making process thus far is why this thread exists. Play it smart, take your time. Make a good decision for your future.

Good advice is only good if it's used properly.
Thank you happy camper

This is what my father suggested

Being firm and when they tell me the truck hs Been repaired and to come pick it up

Mention to dealer no I'm pursuing this legally through the better business bureau,attys,putting information from alot of different resources

Fb groups,rv forums

I am on disability with nuero problems [not sure if this would help] as prior to receiving disability through nueropsychological testing

I scored poorly on executive functioning,memory,etc

i was told that any maintenence will include a rental car for free covered with warranty during repair days.Its been a few days and chevy told me no there is no contract with rental cars and to contact GMC.

GMC said you can attempt to rent a car but there is no guarantee we will reimburse you the invoice

Anything else that may be helpful?

I appreciate to guys and gals taking the time to help

I mentioned to my father that there I one ethiopian elderly employee that told me there are cheaper trucks in inventory for a possible swap 2014 silverado fo 27k

Father said he'd be Interested in talking to him

Last edited:
I applied to the better business bureau and got this email response

06/11/2023

Dear davsey27

The Better Business Bureau serving the Pacific Southwest (BBB) has received your correspondence involving Courtesy Chevrolet. Thank you for contacting BBB and allowing us the opportunity to assist you with resolving this matter. Your complaint number is ID#; please make a note of this number for future reference.

BBB acts as a neutral third-party to foster an ethical marketplace. As part of its mission, BBB assists businesses and consumers by opening lines of communication with the facilitation of disputes, and providing company reports to summarize how a company responds to and resolves any issues that may arise.

While your Better Business Bureau is teleworking to continue serving our communities, we know that many businesses have closed completely or are working under a reduced schedule or under alternative operating arrangements.

Your complaint has been reviewed and forwarded to Courtesy Chevrolet and we have asked that they respond. We will send you any response they provide. However, please understand that there may be delays in our normal complaint processing timelines for the foreseeable future. We appreciate your patience as businesses are trying to keep their employees and customers safe. If the company contacts you directly to resolve the issue, please notify us at [email protected]. To learn more about BBB's Dispute Resolution process, visit bit.ly/BBB-DRPROCESS.

Please understand that your complaint and the business's response may be publicly posted on the BBB website. BBB may edit the complaint or the business's response to remove personally identifiable information or inappropriate language.

BBB never sells personal information. For information about the BBB's Privacy Policy and how your information may be shared, visit www.bbb.org.

Regards,

Corey Snyder
Your Better Business Bureau

If you have documentation that you are mentally impaired there is a chance you can get the contract voided. You'll most likely need a lawyer involved.

If you have documentation that you are mentally impaired there is a chance you can get the contract voided. You'll most likely need a lawyer involved.
Yes

I have a disability letter with ssdi showing I have mild cognitive,anxiety and depression

Just out of curiosity, did you mention your cognitive disability to anyone at the dealership during the sales process?

Okay, I said I was done here, but am going to point out that using your disability, davsey, to try to void a contract you apparently signed for this vehicle may show up on your credit history and come back to bite you.

If it is your signature on this contract, as in yours to void, as you have stated that your wife put $20,000 of her inheritance down on this vehicle, so she is presumably solely or jointly on this contract you are wanting to void.

You have also stated she wants to continue to make the payments, to improve her credit rating, but not how she feels about trying to void the contract for this vehicle people are in good faith here trying to advise you on.

Hiring an attorney to try to get out of this will be expensive, if there is even grounds.

Then will you be able to enter into another contract, for another vehicle, if you are alleging that you are too disabled to make informed decisions?

You need a case manager, davsey.

Okay, I said I was done here, but am going to point out that using your disability, davsey, to try to void a contract you apparently signed for this vehicle may show up on your credit history and come back to bite you.

If it is your signature on this contract, as in yours to void, as you have stated that your wife put $20,000 of her inheritance down on this vehicle, so she is presumably solely or jointly on this contract you are wanting to void.

You have also stated she wants to continue to make the payments, to improve her credit rating, but not how she feels about trying to void the contract for this vehicle people are in good faith here trying to advise you on.

Hiring an attorney to try to get out of this will be expensive, if there is even grounds.

Then will you be able to enter into another contract, for another vehicle, if you are alleging that you are too disabled to make informed decisions?

You need a case manager, davsey.
Yes claiming that due to disability of cognitive origin during this contract even hypothetically being able to get out of this one

Would mean there would be something flagged in the system(s) not too sell to us if im claiming nuero impairment if udersand you correctly?

Assuming there's a centralized system that tracks this

One potential way may perhaps either pay entirely with cash in the future[assuming we get out of this loan]

Though perhaps paying with only cash and never loaning may have drawbacks

Everything is tracked these days, davsey, and particularly glaring will be defaulting on a new loan.

You/your wife apparently presented well enough to the dealership to get thru the financing process.

Is your name even on this loan, davsey, or are people here taking the time to advise you of something you can’t even do because this is your wife’s loan?

In addition to possibly losing the $20,000 down payment, there is also the possibility the lender may be able to seize your/your wife’s bank assets if you just try to walk away.

Your trucks trade-in value according to kelly blue book is about $31,500. Private party value is about $37,000.
Dealers purchase cars both when people want to trade-in and purchase from them, but also when they just want to sell which is what you need to do.

Arizona has no "return window" and you're well beyond that now, but perhaps you can get them to purchase it back.

Your income really cannot support this payment. If you lose your section 8 housing you will need that money to pay rent.
You will not be able to get another car loan (at least not anywhere near the 8.9%) rate on this if you keep the truck then default when you cant afford the payments.

Losing your deposit/your wife's deposit will be a big loss. Almost everyone has made purchses where we've regretted it and lost money.
Some more than others, but you'll learn from this and move on. Wait until all of your inheritances have come through and then pay cash.

Good luck but return the truck.

Last edited:
Your trucks trade-in value according to kelly blue book is about $31,500. Private party value is about $37,000.
Dealers purchase cars both when people want to trade-in and purchase from them, but also when they just want to sell which is what you need to do.

Arizona has no "return window" and you're well beyond that now, but perhaps you can get them to purchase it back.

Your income really cannot support this payment. If you lose your section 8 housing you will need that money to pay rent.
You will not be able to get another car loan (at least not anywhere near the 8.9%) rate on this if you keep the truck then default when you cant afford the payments.

Losing your deposit/your wife's deposit will be a big loss. Almost everyone has made purchses where we've regretted it and lost money.
Some more than others, but you'll learn from this and move on. Wait until all of your inheritances have come through and then pay cash.

Good luck but return the truck.

Essentially trying to sell it now to a big dealership instead of waiting after making a few of the monthly payments and then selling it later is better than doing a voluntary return and losing the 15k down-payment and 5k warranty?

[A friend suggested something about 30 day window upon purchase to sell it.Get warranty,gap insurance canceled]
🙏

I understand your issues with cognition, etc. I have them as well. All I can tell you is NEVER, EVER bring up your mental and physical issues to them. EVER! It's your personal business and if the dealership takes you to court it will become part of public record(as well as other things because you opened the door) as part of your defense. They don't care and by taking your truck back a salesman loses a commission, they would voluntarily be losing money because they can't sell it as new(now that its used) and they lose profit. Business is cold anymore, they don't give a patootie.

There is no creative way to get out of this. Whoever's name is on the loan they are responsible. The very best you can do is consult an attorney in the locality of the dealership to see if there's some way to get some relief. Most give you a free initial consultation. Be prepared though as most attorneys will ask if you've posted to social media about it because if discovered it can be used against you. You may want to consider having this entire thread deleted. I wish you the best.

Some good news ,

I've spoken with a guy at the dealer from same country as my father.They had a good rapport as elderly folks and have some commonalities that go back in the 70s in Africa

The man told me an my father that we can get the vehicle returned by selling it back to the dealership and that all warranties,add-ons will be returned.Just talk to my wife first and when ready call him

This would eliminate a truck loan

Now I believe there is a path to owning an Rv and truck

Before selling this vehicle back to the vehicle [38k market price] The guy said you may even profit a couple grand of market price is 40k
Only loss would be sales tax and plates,licenses general dmv stuff that would amount to around 5k

I'll be working on scouting for a much cheaper used truck and this time pay cash to free up space for RV loan

The Rv loan would then be 1/3 of our income after eliminating a truck loan

I picked it up today and relieved to finally be back in a vehicle.Feels more free this way at the moment

Appreciate any feedback in the searching for a truck.This time doing it the right way

Perhaps start contacting dealers so we can time it to sell the silverado and buy a more cheaper used truck cash

Thank you folks.

Grateful for this forum

The Rv loan would then be 1/3 of our income after eliminating a truck loan
That would be a financially foolish move.

Living well with an impairment requires knowing when to ask for help. I venture to say it's clear to everyone following this thread, that you need professional guidance. Please get help.

That would be a financially foolish move.

Living well with an impairment requires knowing when to ask for help. I venture to say it's clear to everyone following this thread, that you need professional guidance. Please get help.
Edward jones financial consultant said that 25% percent of your monthly payments can go towards housing and 10% towards transportation[180/month in car payments]that is about 450/month for an Rv and then you have RV parks/BLM land

Why would this be a foolish move if a cheaper truck is paid off in cash?

Thank you