North East coast vandwellers- RTR anyone (NY?)?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Central NY. here. Not sure of any good places for this type of thing.

Looks like we have some interest here for a gathering. Currently it looks like a half dozen rigs or so. I have a location in mind that will accommodate that and if it grows I'll scout for a larger area.

Sticking with the mid May time frame which will typically yield warm enough weather during the day and cool evenings. Perfect for a campfire.

Optimistic Paranoid said:
BTW, my personal opinion is that other people here should not use the name Rubber Tramp Rendezvous or RTR without Bob's explicit permission.  He certainly owns the moral rights to that name, if not the legal rights.

Maybe we could use an English translation such as Rubber Tramp Get Together or RTGT.

vtwinkicker said:
Looks like we have some interest here for a gathering. Currently it looks like a half dozen rigs or so. I have a location in mind that will accommodate that and if it grows I'll scout for a larger area.

Sticking with the mid May time frame which will typically yield warm enough weather during the day and cool evenings. Perfect for a campfire.

I am currently in Arizona but if anything calls me back East ,I would certainly join in.

7b86ed47278cadb6d3d6ecb240073fc5.gif

rvpopeye said:
Black Fly Season ??

In my experience at this location they aren't a problem usually till about Memorial day. Of course it's all weather dependent. Maybe this blizzard we just had will put a good killing on bugs for that time or maybe it will supply the moisture needed for them all to come to life. Every season has something.

I usually go camping first week of May or there about in the Adirondacks right after ice out. You get about a 2 week window before all hell breaks loose with bugs.

... I'm in NY, I'm all in for a gathering if ya can find some place for free,
      besides a big get together at a Wallyworld ...
    ... Moose river plains , is just one suggestion in the Dacks park ...

Attachments

• Pax moring.jpg
    Pax moring.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 27
I'm looking at around May 18-22ish. There is a burn ban until May 14th. Right now I have a location that will handle about a dozen vans. I'm going to check out another location that is bigger in a week or two.

Anyone that is definitely likely to attend I would appreciate a PM. I'd like to start a list so I can keep on top of space requirements. Maybe include a cell number for group text messages as time grows closer.

Current location is 15 minutes from Cobleskill which has Wallyworld, Tractor Supply, Price Chopper (grocery chain), plus all the usual fast food, auto parts, hardware, etc.

Zizzer_Zazzer_Zuz said:
I'm confused, is the SE-GTG the same thing as the East Coast !RTR?

No, the SE GTG is Cuzzn Dyck. Met up with him when I was in FL January.

I'm trying to put together a NE GTG as I am NY based.

Officially to not conflict with cuzn Dyck and his GTG or Bob Wells with his RTR I came up with NEVR.

North East Vandwellers Rendezvous.

If all goes well in 2017 then we can have a NEVR AGAIN 2018!

VTWINKICKER...
What state is Cobleskill in?

Also any more details? Maybe you should start another thread for the specfics, date, time, location, etc???

We may be ready by then, so VERY interested!!!!

I'm in Southern Florida... and have an acquaintance with a farm in KY.... but hadn't thought to inquire about a few vans!

galladanb said:
VTWINKICKER...
What state is Cobleskill in?

Also any more details? Maybe you should start another thread for the specfics, date, time, location, etc???

We may be ready by then, so VERY interested!!!!

Cobleskill is in NY. It's right of I-88 which is an interstate that goes from Albany, NY to Binghamton, NY. I believe exit 20 is the closest exit to NEVR.

The dates are May 18-22ish. No problem with early arrival or later stay. I chose those dates because there is a burn ban in the area till May 14th that would rule out campfires.

I currently have a location secured that will hold maybe a dozen vans. Right now that looks to be big enough. Thats why I'm asking for a PM with cell# so I can start a list to keep tabs on attendance and send out a group message when time is near. Don't want to give directions yet in case I find a larger area if there is more interest.

Zizzer_Zazzer_Zuz said:
I'm confused, is the SE-GTG the same thing as the East Coast !RTR?

The "Rubber Tramp Rendezvous" (RTR) is the Bob Wells concept & term, its a western thing. I wouldn't be surprised if the term was copyrighted but I don't know.

The Southeast Get together (SE GTG) was put together by Cuzzin Dick 6 or 7 years ago & is far less formal that the RTR.

MAY???? What happened to August 21st for the eclipse phenonmena? That's why we began discussing it again for this year I thought. I'm in South Florida and while I have eyes for the NE during the summer... surely not May!