North Carolina

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NagathaChristie

Reaction score
Is there anyone in the North Carolina area interested in meeting up for a few hours in March?

This invitation is for: Nomads, RVers, Vandwellers and, Wannabes (like myself).

I was thinking of renting a pavilion at one of the state parks and do a potluck style meet up, people can come and show off their rigs or just come and talk about our common interest: Vehicle dwelling.

:)

My wife and I will be in NC in April. First couple weeks at Falls Lake State Park in the Raleigh/Durham area (to see our newest grandson), then on to the Triad for the next 2 weeks (to see kids and Drs).
We are in Quartzite AZ now, so the plan is I-10 to Jacksonville FL and then up 17 toward Lumberton NC and then on to Falls Lake.
Where in NC are you wanting to have the get together?
Last year we got to NC in March and it was really cold, so this year we changed the plan. If you're interested in full-time RV living, we only have 2 years experience, but I would encourage you to look at options.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

It's all easy since our house has wheels, the only problem I see is that you want to do this in March. But with 2 other replies already for March, I think you should expect a good turnout. A lot of nomads don't want to commit to be somewhere at a specific time. I run into this a lot with my kids. Like yesterday I was talking with my daughter in NC and told her I would see her in April. She wants me to drive to her right now! I can't do that, even though I want to see her also. So there is a down side to RV living, but freedom to travel makes up for it. Best of luck with the get together!

I'll be in SC south of Beaufort until the end of March. I'd be up for a meet up.

I've been a lurker for over a year. THIS is the thread that finally made me sign up, lol.  Yes, I would love to hear more about a NC meetup in March.

Well, plans do change!
We are in Phoenix AZ but have the path laid out to San Antonio TX by 3/1. Then on to Lumberton NC by 4/1. We will not be going to Falls Lake until 5/1 or later (depends on Drs.).
Life on the road is just a guess or a flexible plan at best. Things happen and when you don't have the continuity of relationships, even close family ties break down. I really hate that aspect of nomadic existence but I think the experience of travel is worth it.
I'm a geezer and the clocks ticking. Some expect you to be happy in a rocking chair, I would rather roll on and see the country.
So, what is happening with this meet and greet? Still happening in March? And where in NC? There is an RV group (Carolina Cruisers or something like that) that may be into a meet up. I just don't join since I quit punching a clock. I like being independent or as mobile as possible [emoji6]!

I'll be just south of Chapel Hill and should be able to make it after March 7 or so.

Shucks, I'm in!
Leaving Quartzsite soon, heading east for central N.Y. by end of May. I just bought a new2me class c so I'm on 90 day tags and must register my rig by then. Yeah, I could do NC.

Lowcountry SC until late April then near Morehead City NC until May. Keep us posted.

What are the dates and location for a NC gathering?