Nature Lover and friends keep in touch

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hit the 80’s in Tucson today! Won’t be long til roundup time when the cactus are in bloom!

It is looking like February will be going out like a lion and March will be coming in like one. A bit of wind roaring the next 7 days. Our mini spring weather preview of a few days is over 🥲

It was nice to wake up to a morning without the wind blasting at me!

My mid and upper back has been painful lately when standing and that
means I am not doing walking around much so my lung capacity has also gone downhill. I hate getting out of breath doing chores. So today from Amazon I ordered a back brace so I can get more walking exercise in. Plus I ordered a curved, adjustable reverse curve spine stretcher I can use when lying on my bed. Trying to do those spines stretching exercises on the floor in a tiny trailer was a no go.

I can’t do the nomadic life as easily if my back is hurting all the time. So hopefully throwing some money at a few items will help get me back to normal which does not mean without any pain issues. It just means getting back to being able to take moderate length walks, being able to stand longer and work longer and getting less short of breath from ordinary chores.

Nomadic life requires a certain level of strength and health but it won’t happen without putting in effort to keep some level of fitness going. I was backsliding on that this last two years.

Oh no, it’s nature, lover again, why can’t we avoid him?

Just checking in Friends.

Spring has definitely arrived here. I’ve been seeing wildflowers when they take me to church on Sunday. On one road we pass a creek that’s got a lot of nice flowers. The trees across the road from my Penthouse view are definitely turning green. Skunks have been leaving us messages to tell us it’s spring.

The leg is starting to progress very well and they’re talking about taking the vacuum off and giving me a skin graft. That’ll be another five days in the hospital. They might take it off my hip, or they might get one from a donor named Abner cadaver. Such a nice man to give me some skin.

I need to check in here more often because you guys always bring a smile to my face, remembering the days of traveling. You wouldn’t believe the number of people I know who are so thankful that I’m finally in a good home and I don’t have to be a bum living in a van. I pity them they’ll never know what they missed.

One of my visiting nurses has a 20 year old daughter, who wants to start van life. I’m looking forward to becoming a bit of a mentor to her. I plan to introduce you to her to you folks and get her to join the forum. Of course, you know me I’d rather be traveling with her, than just giving her advice. (Who is a dirty old man?) i’m like a dog chases a car I wouldn’t know what to do with it if I caught it.

God bless the nomads as I wander in wonder At this beautiful world.

Hello bullfrog – I have not met the young lady yet in person. But if she’s pretty is her mother, I’ll take them both.

Probably someone out there has an ambulance conversion for sale if you decide to start a gofundme! Lol!!!

The nurse and her daughter are too dangerous for Nature Lover to travel with due to his balance issues. He just can’t risk having two beautiful pretty sweeping him off his feet everyday.

i take meclizine HCL 25 mg for my dizzyness. been on it for years. most or my hearing Blowned out. "Military".

Yesterday and today the nights have gotten warm enough that after sunset I am leaving a window open for a while. I guess I had better get started on a spring clearing out of “too much stuff” so that I will be ready to head further north on my semi annual migrations in spring and fall between north high country and south low country.

The Easter bunnies forgot to leave me a basket of treats🐇🐰. I guess they too are getting forgetful about checking the calendar.

Do not forget tomorrow is April Fools day so being foolish is the perfect behavior.

^^^ you can’t really expect them to provide reliable delivery services to nomads who do not take the time to provide a proper GPS forwarding location. This stealth camping stuff has its downsides.

Same with the Tooth Fairy. Less reliable as time goes on. What gives?
Had a friend leave his dentures under his pillow. It’ll take more then a quarter a tooth to replace those…

Anyways… very successful surgery…. It was. More than the shoulder. My bicep muscle needed repair and attaching. First thing I noticed was I could open out all the way. My first thought… from shoulder repair? Then I thought how bad my neck will be wearing this sling. No problem… I don’t even have to wear it at night anymore! Pirate camp Debbie came with Hank and is driving me craz… I mean everywhere. 😂 Of course my furnace quits on me, and there are other challenges going on. But I have help… good folks at Caballo Loco!

Last edited:
^^^I’m still around waiting on doctor appointments if I can help let me know!

Ben glad to see you posting that the surgery seems to have gone OK. Debbie and Hank driving you craz…ear plugs!

No worries about getting fixing the furnace fixed. Within a couple of weeks Mother Nature will turn a big furnace on high for you.

Speaking of Mother Nature, I need to get up and get a move on withpacking up chores this morning before she turns the wind tunnel for testing my camping gear back on in just a couple of hours.

Today I moved me and the cat and dog back up to Payson. With some trepidation I turned on the furnace when it got dark and chilly outside. Luckily it works! I knew my propane tank was working well as I had burners and water heater heat. These older Class A motor homes are always exciting.

Seems like every Home on Wheels setup is ”exciting”. Which falls head first into the category “if it’s not one thing it’s another”.