Nature Lover and friends keep in touch

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doing a happy dance! Starting today there are 4 days in a row of high temperature 70 degree weather in the forecast. I will still enjoy it while it lasts and make use of it for some chores that are better done while the weather is dry and warm.

Busy making use of solar input today. Running my vinyl cutter to restock inventory for my Etsy store.

Most of the Quartzsite Pirate Camp have already decamped to set up East of Yuma AZ; getting ready for Van Aid. I will head south by next week to be at Van Aid for working on some build task as well as crossing the border to go into the town of Los Algodones.

I think I will get my head examined while in Mexico, meaning getting examined a few parts of it such as my teeth and eyes. Those can be more easily fixed than my mental issues. Although while in Mexico drinking a Margarita may or may not help my mental state, but it would go down nicely along with some fajitas and those would for sure make me happy for a little while.

Last edited:
Hello friends, for about a week I couldn’t get on the forum. I got a message that’s sad no server found. I got scared and thought the forum disappeared for some reason. I know they’re always asking for support, but I just don’t have anything. I’m in over my head for medical bills. And I have only so much for that. I’ll never get it paid. I don’t remember how to PM in here. If someone will remind me How to do that. I will send my regular email to a few of your folks. Just in case something happens I don’t want to lose contact. We’ve been talking for years. Some of you are some of my best friends who I have never met. I’ll just give that email to a few of you so will have contact. I won’t be able to give it to everybody who has posted on this thread. But if it goes down, will be able to share with each other and give each other emails of others. I had big dreams of doing an East Coast time, but that fell through and I don’t have the wherewithal anymore. I’m still trying to learn Windows 11.

Nature Lover I still have your email address 🙂

As for supporting this forum I do it by giving my time to answer questions from Newbies needing help for various things.

So… my friend Linden came for a few days and I met him after having breakfast in Tucson with b&c… we met at the saguaro national park and I brought my iPad to use the camera. My phone camera is broke. I had my hands full as we switched to his car so he grabbed the iPad from me. I didn’t see he left it on his hood til we’re going down the road… yep when I said stop he stopped fast enough for it to slide off but slow enough to run it over… haha! I ended up upgrading now that it was paid off… haha. But I’m now unable to get the forum on it with the same issue Nature Lover… I know the site is running cause my phone works on it…
So there’s that!!!

I ended up starting a new account which is why there is an ! after bullfrog. I’m the same guy just with more emphasis! lol!!!

I had the same problem last week and couldn't figure it out until I checked one of my emails from the forum and backtracked thataway. Looks like they changed the name of the forum (probably some time ago) and my laptop finally caught on and quit communicating with the forum because I wasn't using the new forum name .

I had been using "cheaprvliving" all along but the correct name is now "vanlivingforum". Nothing else has changed, just the name. The new owners probably made the change a while back and told everybody about it at the time, but I didn't do anything about it because my old bookmark still worked.

Until last week, that is -- all better now (y)

Johnny

Quartzsite is shedding more temporary visitors in big rigs everyday! The area immediately surrounding my camp site is shedding them too which is nice for me.

A treasured friend is supposed to show up at around lunch time and will be hanging around my camp for a while. I definetly need their help with getting some projects done. Welcome back my dear friend Sunshine! You have been missed by many this last week.

So how ya doing Nature lover? Are you still hanging in there? I am still hopeful that you will get to be healthy enough to enjoy spring bird watching this spring...

It is going to be a sew sew day for me today. But it will have to start by seeing if I can fix the bobbin winder on the machine a friend loaned me. So just a bit of mechanical tinkering to do after I make a quick breakfast. If It can’t be fixed with parts I have on hand I will create some type of alternative thread tensioner as that is the part off the bobbin winder that is dysfunctional. It is a vintage Singer Featherweight Machine. Despite the names it feels almost as heavy as my Bernina machine sewing I sold last summer. Makes sense as they both have cast aluminum housings.

Breakfast today is fancy, a fried egg sandwich! Long lasting energy that dampens hunger until lunch time. Eggs are magical for reducing the hungry feelings some breakfast leave you feeling a half hour later. Fortunately fried eggs are very quick to cook and easy cleanup too with a nonstick pan and a paper towel for a plate.

Nature lover is alive! I had to go back in through One of the last emails to get on the forum. somehow my icon/link that I usually use is not working. I’m taking care of it.

My health is all right I guess but I’m turning blue. (My mood) I keep thinking of my friends in Sarasota, and I’m getting messages from them about how beautiful it is and how warm the water is in the gulf. And the fishing has been fantastic. I’ve been looking for a permanent job in South Florida. If I paint myself brown I can be a manatee. I already have the whiskers and I’m the right size. I’m not sure I like. Grazing on seaweed, but maybe I can get into better shape that way.

This is a slow week. I only have two doctors appointments. The ITP disease I have is now attacking the iron in my body. So more infusions. So far the expensive medicine is keeping the platelets up. (Only $400 a week - but that’s better than to $2800 a week when I was taking more of it.) Thank you all for paying your taxes. I think I’ve got out 10 times the amount I put in the Medicare.The nurse figured out what was wrong with my wound pump and why it was shutting down and of course it was this old fat dummies fault.

Leaving soon for the doctors, maybe more later.

God bless the nomads, especially those who are friends of nature lover.

thanks Naturelover. You always make me feel downright healthy to only have a bad back and mild chronic Bronchitis and extra weight but not in the category of manatees.

But I sure do wish there was some way to have gotten my lazy bone safely removed. If they had taken it out in early childhood I would no doubt have become a wealthy woman with multiple homes to travel to when I felt like changing locations. Flying on private jets of course🤣

December and January crept by at slow speed. But the last few weeks have flown by at what seems like lightning speed! It must be about there being more sunlight energizing my world.

December and January crept by at slow speed. But the last few weeks have flown by at what seems like lightning speed! It must be about there being more sunlight energizing my world.
It seems opposite to me. The last two weeks have gone by super slow… three more days yet til I see surgeon… and that’s to make a plan. I’m feeling like I’m a hostage!!!! Haha!

Hello nomad, friends and enemas.

On 2 February, Punxsutawney Phil said it would be an early spring, or a short winter, which ever way you look at it. I don’t have much faith in the groundhog, but… Today I saw the first snow drops (wildflowers), and as I left for church, there was a bird singing his spring song. I used to know more songs than I do now, but I can’t. I do this one yet. but it was definitely the spring song. I have the Cornell app so I’m gonna go out tomorrow to record it and see what it says. Oh boy oh boy oh boy.n

God bless the nomads and bring us a nice early spring and a beautiful summer with a nice amount of rain.