Miles Irving

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not completely done yet..  (notice front leg is a bit askew... it, and the other legs, are not attached yet) But 95% of the bed is done.  Wooo
BedPlatform.jpg
Now I just need a mattress-type thing...

Attachments

• BedPlatform.jpg
    BedPlatform.jpg
    47.1 KB
Mattressy thing- check.
Curtain fabric- check.
Finally figuring out how to hang curtains- check.
Idea for bed legs with accessibility to storage under bed- check.
Acquiring 3rd curtain rod for 3rd window- check, minus 4 hours till the store opens.
Being asked to work extra hours at day job so I have no time to: sew curtains for the 3 big windows and 4 little ones, attach bed legs, fab and hang curtain rods, edge floor, run basic wiring for fan, paint bed, cut and fit mattress, and organize all the stuff before planned campout this weekend-  sigh.. check.

Gonna be a busy few days.. need an extra Me.. lol

Curtain rod/hanger idea worked amazingly well!
Also discovered.. (why didn't I measure this before?) that my fridge will fit sideways behind the driver's seat! Yay- more floor.
Sewing the curtains today.

Can you please post pics of your curtain and rod solutions? My curtain situation is a ways out but I am having problems visualizing it.

I only have two windows (back doors) plus the cab so my config will be relatively easy (I hope)

Frater- I will post pics of 2 different window treatment solutions today.
But here is a preliminary 'cozy' shot :)
cozy.jpg
still need to trim the floor and roof vent, and do the curtains and rod/hangers for other smaller windows.. but a good start.

Attachments

• cozy.jpg
    cozy.jpg
    63.7 KB
Really looks comfy! What type of fridge did you get and did you install a fantastic fan?

well.. didn't get the curtains up yesterday.. maybe today. Trying to engineer them to be easy to replicate.. :)
For my sanity and if anyone else wants to do the too..

I got a Dometic chest fridge, and Fan-Fan.. yes! And weather hood.

Ok- for the big windows...
that look like this
curtains.jpg

I used one of these  curtHanger.jpg   at each end.  Cut a template, and poked it through with the nails.. used that to "stencil" for the holes.  Set them at about a 35 deg angle, sloped towards the window. With just enough gap at the top for the rod, plus a tiny smidge.  Used a dremel with a teeny little engraving bit to 'drill' into the plastic window frames.  Works so well, it just snaps into place.. no glue.  And gravity holds the curtains in place.

Got inexpensive fiberglass fence rod and cut to fit.  Lightly sanded the ends, slid the curtains on.. and presto.  Non-rusting, durable, UV resistant, mold resistant, super light weight curtain hardware.
curtaingear.jpg

Attachments

• curtains.jpg
    curtains.jpg
    205 KB
  • curtaingear.jpg
    curtaingear.jpg
    249.5 KB
  • curtHanger.jpg
    curtHanger.jpg
    20.8 KB
and.. I know, I know.. the other windows.. Have a solution now.. just need the time to make it happen.
(with pics!)
Y'all are gonna Love this. ;)

Finishing the curtains this weekend (need to finally get a step drill bit- dang it), starting battery box and solar, and installing b.u.-cam. woo!

Then pics of the spiffery.

well, that was not as straight forward as I expected..
when your license plate is on your bumper.. there is no "easy" path Into the van.. unless you want to take out your bed and all your storage to get at the floor panels or something.. sigh
lol

GypsyDogs said:
well, that was not as straight forward as I expected..
when your license plate is on your bumper.. there is no "easy" path Into the van.. unless you want to take out your bed and all your storage to get at the floor panels or something.. sigh
lol

Check your states motor vehicle laws. See if you can relocate the tag, say to one of the back doors. Check your local Police, sherrif dept. also contact Highway patrol. *Shirley you can relocate it within the law and not have to do all that extra work. 

*quote from Leslie Nielsen from movie "Airport".

FYI. I googled " Georgia statute vehicle rear tag location ". It came up with this:

[size=medium]TITLE 40 - MOTOR VEHICLES AND TRAFFIC
CHAPTER 2 - REGISTRATION AND LICENSING OF MOTOR VEHICLES
ARTICLE 2 - REGISTRATION AND LICENSING GENERALLY
§ 40-2-41 - Display of license plates

[/size]
O.C.G.A. 40-2-41 (2010)
40-2-41. Display of license plates

[size=medium]"Unless otherwise permitted under this chapter, every vehicle required to be registered under this chapter, which is in use upon the highways, shall at all times display the license plate issued to the owner for such vehicle, and the plate shall be fastened to the rear of the vehicle in a position so as not to swing and shall be at all times plainly visible. No person shall display on the rear of a motor vehicle any temporary or permanent plate or tag not issued by the State of Georgia which is intended to resemble a license plate which is issued by the State of Georgia".......[/size]

[size=medium]Here's the Link: https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-40/chapter-2/article-2/40-2-41/[/SIZE]

[size=medium]But always verify it with your state laws and local and state LE.[/size]

...yeah..... then I have to do body work to mount the license plate to the door.. make it water proof.. then rewire the camera.. And it would eliminate my options for spare tire carrier and ladder for carrying the bike...

May be a viable option for other folks, but I'll pass. I got the cam installed, and it works great. I just need to make a through hole and use a wire grommet on the hole. I put the temporary connection from cam to main wiring in an easily accessible place, (following the later permanent path) so I can just unplug it, drill the hole, grom the wire, and reconnect. :)

Well. I tried.  :(. RTR? Curious how it will turn out

And I appreciate- :)
And your idea may be an awesome solution for someone else.
Just not the optimal one for me, and my van.

Looks like you had them working hard all day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yeah.. Someone had to supervise the human.. make sure she was doing it right.. lol

Latest posts