Small Camper Trailer Rental for RTR

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, well, I'm usually not such a good planner, but this all started because I thought I was looking for a camper trailer and I thought something like that might have to be reserved well in advance when there is a giant event taking place in the area. Now that I have been turned on to the Uhaul idea, I don't think I have anything to worry about. Somebody will have one.

Yes, well, I'm usually not such a good planner, but this all started because I thought I was looking for a camper trailer and I thought something like that might have to be reserved well in advance when there is a giant event taking place in the area. Now that I have been turned on to the Uhaul idea, I don't think I have anything to worry about. Somebody will have one.
Why not a pop-up camper? Are the winds there bad enough during rtr not to consider one? Buy one cheap, use for the trip, sell it afterwards. Whatever difference is the rental cost.

Why not a pop-up camper? Are the winds there bad enough during rtr not to consider one? Buy one cheap, use for the trip, sell it afterwards. Whatever difference is the rental cost.
That's a good tip Happy. I'm in Colorado, so the RTR happens during our off season.

I don't know what the wind is like in Quartzsite in January. Also don't know what night time temps are like.

That's a good tip Happy. I'm in Colorado, so the RTR happens during our off season.

I don't know what the wind is like in Quartzsite in January. Also don't know what night time temps are like.
Often windy and cold at night but seldom freezes.

... rented a Uhaul for more than one day. I wonder if it is normal for people to rent a van for a couple weeks?
Some regions reduce the rental taxes after a certain amount of days.
Unless you prefer supporting bureaucrats in the life-style to which they are accustomed (don't laugh, some people do), you could ask about your extended-stay camp-in-the-desert program.
As far as 'normal', I would not know anything about anything like that...

Something that comes to mind is this. What is your budget for this endeavor? How long do you need it for? What do you actually need? What area are you coming from?

You have some time, but the answers to those questions will make it much easier to plan.

Latest posts