My 2023 Promaster livability build

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Item summary:
DuraTherm ceiling liner………..1000$
Bedrug floor insulator…………. 250
250 sq ft Thinsulate……………. 420
VWD rear door windows/acc….1200
Vanessential Bug Screen kit….. 615
Li Time 100ah Mini Battery
“ 20 amp AC charger
“ 30 amp MPPT controller… 580
GoPwer 10 amp controller…….. 130
Heatshield sun shades…………. 120
Scopema seat swivel ………….. 410
Topper roof rack………….,…….. 875
Xtend&Climb ladder……………. 275
Side window guards……………. 85
Crutchfield wires/fuses…………. 75
Misc:wood,boards,screws,
tools,etc ………………….. 800
Figures include shipping & tax

TOTAL= 7000ish$
That’s where m at and don’t really anticipate much else other than the receiver hitch.

jonny boi

I'm picturing a large 'H' painted on the roof platform.

Just the right size for your own personal helicopter!

BTW looks great and thanks for the build pics!

(Zombie Apocalypse Helicopter not included)

Attachments

• a3461765-32-helipad-2460874297.jpg
    a3461765-32-helipad-2460874297.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 0
  • a2700099567.jpg
    a2700099567.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 0
Just the right size for your own personal helicopter!

BTW looks great and thanks for the build pics!

(Zombie Apocalypse Helicopter not included)

That skoda got nuthin on my ram van landing pad
I’m guna do it……..
ITS A HAPANUN!
jonny boi ain’t sayin he jus sayin

This is a list of products I use living in the van most of which I’ve had for sometime while living in my truck.

ELECTRIC: 200 amps LFP4
Delta 2 power station 100 ah
Li Time Mini 100ah

SOLAR: 520 watts
GoPower 120 w portable 10a controller
Ecoflow 400 w portable 30a controller

HEAT/COOK:
Coleman 1 burner Lp stove & 30 lb Lp tank

WATER: 35ish gallons
2 - 7 gallon Reliant Aqua-tainer jugs
20 gallon tank and 1 gallon jug

SHOWER:
Advance Elements 5gal solar shower

SLEEPING:
Exped Megamat 10 self inflating mattress
2 - 40 degreeF sleeping bags

Also
Theyford porti- potti
Whynter 45qt fridge
12” 12v Endless Breeze fan
Vitamix hand blender
Basic assorted tools

INTJohn

Also,
IMG_1796.jpeg
IMG_1797.jpeg
Did you know Folgers coffee makes the best toiletries? Yep. What a discovery. On the left a large instant coffee container makes a great urinal well, for the guys anyway and on the right a large container of classic roast is great for storing 2 rolls of tp 🧻.

Another thing I keep with me is my 12ga pump shotgun and now that I have so much more room in the van vs the truck, I’m going to remove the pistol grip and put the shoulder stock back on it.

Yep, I’m definitely settling into the van.
Intjonny boi livin too good.

I'd have that "urinal" filled up half way through a pee.... but of course you know what you need...

View attachment 34155
This pik shows the porta-potti place; in front of the Li Time battery and the 45 qt fridge. I checked into getting a floor mount slide for the fridge but nothing decent was less than 150$ so
bought 4 locking casters for 26$ and mounted them on the corners. Roll it out, it doubles as the passenger seat foot rest. 👍🏼😎🤙
View attachment 34156
And this is with curtain down covering the crapper. Blue cube is 7 gallon water jug. I have 2; and 2 clothing bags on lower shelf.

jonny has it livable but there’s a few things yet.🚐
Learning curve for this newbee on this site. I hit the wrong button and posted it. Now I can't delete it. Probably on the par with my misspelled words. lol

Last edited:
Well; this threads on its way to going off the road and it’s all because of them genital drivers….😂 Don’t ya kinda want things rolling around while genital driving?😂😂
need to start a thread in chit chat land HEY; any genital drivers out there?! Make ur selves known. NOW!
jonny boi ain’t sayin; I’m jus sayin
Well, did my spelling get me in a mess again? Nothing like misspelled or miss used words to start a storm.

I really like the way you mounted your water jug. I'm thinking of using your idea in my build of of a Promaster high top van. My late husband and I had a 1976 VW camper van with the pop-top, a Westfalia, Really enjoyed it. All our camping before it had been tent, or just on the ground with no tent from a vehicle, boat or backpacking except for one trip we rented an RV. Nothing compared for comfort and ability to travel places, even off road, with the VW camper van. We even took it many places we would not have taken anything except a Jeep. The Promaster is too big to take a lot of places we took the VW (especially too tall).

Have lots of fun in your van. It is a nice and practical build out.

That skoda got nuthin on my ram van landing pad
I’m guna do it……..
ITS A HAPANUN!
jonny boi ain’t sayin he jus sayin

Oh, my, now that looks like a fun stunt. If you are good enough.

Really nice, functional, and comfortable setup. Was curious to see what you were using after your advice on my intro post.

Did you opt for the low roof so it was more easily accessible with the rack setup you have there? Really clean work on the window install;
honestly thats the thing I'm most pensive about DIY'ing.

Really nice, functional, and comfortable setup. Was curious to see what you were using after your advice on my intro post.

Did you opt for the low roof so it was more easily accessible with the rack setup you have there? Really clean work on the window install;
honestly thats the thing I'm most pensive about DIY'ing.
Van is actually called “high roof”. I’m 6’ and can stand in it with my hat on. Promaster has 3 roof heights labeled low, high and super high. 🤷🏻‍♂️ prolly marketing bs. Reality is they are low, middle & high.

It’s not hard to do the windows. There’s lotsa info on it. Main thing for most peeps to get over is the psychological block of “OMG no return” once you start drilling holes in your van. 😂

Rear windows are easiest really cause the “template” of where to cut is already defined for you. From the inside Drill 1/8” holes about 1” apart at the tangents and along the 4 curved “corners”. From the outside connect the tangent holes with straight lines using a sharpy. Where to cut with jig saw is now defined by the four straight lines and the 1/8” holes along the 4 curves. Drill a big hole to insert saw blade and GIT CUTTIN! 😂 follow the lines and connect the 1/8” holes.
After you’ve cut about half to 2/3, tape what you’ve cut to reduce vibration and connect suction cup. As you finish the cutting, the suction cup will enable you to control the cut piece for removal without creating a wound 🩸 on yourself.

After removal of the 2 pieces of sheet metal on those rear doors; pat yourself on the back; douse a shot of tequila and take a long break till the tequila wears off. Then it’s time to install the windows. 😂😎🤙

It’s not hard to do the windows. There’s lotsa info on it. Main thing for most peeps to get over is the psychological block of “OMG no return” once you start drilling holes in your van. 😂
One approach is to do the install when the "return window" for that window is still open. If you screw up badly, return it and get a bigger window...