Jamie/Enigmatic Nomadic's *Build Out Your Van Party"

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OOOH RAH gunny SEMPER FI, this group sounds just plain awesome, can't wait to get to the rtr!!!

The thing I have yet to determine is how many tools to bring down. I have a 18' semi enclosed trailer, but if we will be some place that I can't pull it, I would hate to bring it down. I was thinking a portable table saw, a chop saw, and a few small generators might be nice to bring, but the space available in a van would make that difficult.

DannyB1954 said:
The thing I have yet to determine is how many tools to bring down. I have a 18' semi enclosed trailer, but if we will be some place that I can't pull it, I would hate to bring it down. I was thinking a portable table saw, a chop saw,  and a few small generators might be nice to bring, but the space available in a van would make that difficult.

Why don't you contact Jamie directly and see what he suggests. He may already have a list going of what is needed based on input from those seeking help and maybe even a list of what other people have already volunteered to bring.

Danny...Just chatted with James. The table saw might be a bit much. Don't think we'll get into fancy cabinets, etc...so hand held tools should work best.

James will post location later (most likely) today on FB.

Southern drawl!!! Dang. ;)

I wish I could be there, not just to hear that :p, but just to be there, with or without a wheeled home. Or the RTR. To meet other ramblers. I'm so itchy to get out there!!!!

Cyndi, I posted on the youtube video that I have a Honda Genny I can bring, if it's needed please advise.. Rob

this is great I just watched the video. good for you Jamie two thumbs up. highdesertranger

HDR...We are excited for Jamie's efforts here. I think this will be a very successful event.
He has secured a great location near Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart, and easy cruise into town for those needing distractions  :D

In town is a great park with wonderful beach access. 
There are some cool places to eat/party....as long as everyone is careful.
Should be fun and we are most excited to meet the new tribe members that are expected.

I will not be up for much labor, but still sure I can be helpful.
Margie is good help for those who need clear space or re-load after the job.
Whatever it takes to make this a happy time for everyone.

Looks like he got a permit issued as well, good job.

Not sure if there's a cost for one, someone might start a permit tip jar on site to help repay the cost.

GREAT JOB!

I won't have my van yet :-/

I'm not able to come (don't have my van yet)  BUT  forgive my ignorance and educated me for future... 

for this event, since there is already a two week permit, does anyone else have to go get their own or just show up on site?

Yes. Individuals still need their own permit, separate from the large group permit

No other permit is needed at the event site James set up for this event.
If anyone camps on Fed land here they will need paper from camp host, as usual.

just for clarification: paper from camp host = permit