Jamie/Enigmatic Nomadic's *Build Out Your Van Party"

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't believe so. He had a partner that used to

One Awesome Inch said:
Looks quite daunting.

I'm not there so I'm not sure. But, I think all the rigs in the background are separate from the build party

Can someone give an update
How many projects are left to do ?
What are those projects?
When will they be done?
What will be going on Nov 8-12?
How far is Craggy Wash from the lake?
Do they permit swimming/bathing in the Lake?

Thanks All  hope to be there

Chris writes at Outdoors is Free
http://outdoorsisfree.com/

Posted some pictures on the Cargo Trailer Conversion fb page. I'm posting with his permission

"We are building the trailer right now at a van build gathering of 50 in Lake Havasu Arizona. Bring your trailer and they will be built!"
havasu2.jpg
havasu1.jpg

Someone else asked, "do I go left or right?"
Go right!
havasu left or right right.jpg

Attachments

• havasu2.jpg
    havasu2.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 16
  • havasu left or right right.jpg
    havasu left or right right.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 20
  • havasu1.jpg
    havasu1.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 22
Belchfire said:
Can someone give an update

I don't see many people updating on fb, But I'll ask your questions, on the event page.

I can however give you some uneducated guesses... Jamie said that if there was more to do after the original two weeks, they'd relocate and continue working else where. I would guess the remaining # of projects is unknown as people come and go.

You can swim in the river. As an eco nazi I'd say bathing should be done discreetly with pure ingredients.

if you have access to Google maps or Bing maps, search Lake Havasu City and just north of the city is an airport. Follow the runway north and at the northern end of the runway is a road that leads into Craggy Wash.

Vonbrown has the directions to craggy wash, but that is not where this gathering is. We are on the other side of AZ 95.

Yolanda, who shares her adventures at  https://plantingalongtheverge.com/

posted, "[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]#jamiesvanbuildoutparty[/font]
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Awesome community meal. [/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Jamie Dimon[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] chowing down after a long day of hard work. Lots of projects getting done, lots of long talks late into the night with amazing people. Thank yous! [/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]#lifenomadic[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] [/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]#theroadishome[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]#nomadtribe[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] [/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]#mylifeismymessage "[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]havasu dinner.jpg[/font]

Attachments

• havasu dinner.jpg
    havasu dinner.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 25
I feel like I've been bad and sent to time-out. Damn, I really need a van!!

Vagabound

Hello All I should be there at about 10pm Tuesday night the 6th
will everyone still be up ?

I haven't seen anyone posting here thatis at the build out party.

Belchfire said:
Hello All I should be there at about 10pm Tuesday night the 6th
will everyone still be up ?
?? Tuesday is the 8th.
Most folks will be in or headed to bed by 10. A very few might be up and at the fire. Almost everyone is working on something and the bed is a welcome sight that late :)

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

From YouTube.........one man's van under construction at the party.....wish I was there

And Jamie's video.....................

I don't recommend arriving after dark -- It is hard enough finding a somewhat level spot where you won't get stuck in the light. I'm beyond the border to AZ trust land, so I got the $16 permit online. (1 year, 14 nights camping)

[video=youtube]http://https://youtu.be/te4z18ldyl8[/video]

A van build video.

I have been at the Van build party for 11 days. A lot of work of different work has been done. Great people, fun event. There is more parking available since alot of people have left today after having their work completed. Very worthwhile event. Thanks Jamie.

Vonbrown said:
if you have access to Google maps or Bing maps, search Lake Havasu City and just north of the city is an airport. Follow the runway north and at the northern end of the runway is a road that leads into Craggy Wash.

sorry all, someone asked for directions to Craggy Wash, perhaps I misunderstood, I am an old man ya know....lol

We moved to the second location and continued with the builds. The location was more remote and a further drive to Home Depot and Lowe's.

Just got back home, (Pahrump). Rain is forecast for the Lake Havasu area, so I made my exit. Jamie was also working on the last project I was on, so I leave it to him to rap it up. Most people have gone already.

I would say that most of the people that I had contact with were very pleased with the work that was done. A few people with low funds had materials donated to them so some of their dreams came true.