Jamie/Enigmatic Nomadic's *Build Out Your Van Party"

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am ready to leave for Havasu. Google maps says 3 1/2 hours, so if I left now I would be finding a camp in the dark. Tomorrow first thing, ( right after coffee). Any updates on the turn out yet?

DannyB1954 said:
The store here says it is for those with a VA medical ID card. I served 6 years, enlisted when Vietnam was still active. I don't qualify for VA medical benefits or their ID card. I make too much money now.

1. Home Depot and Lowe's give 10% military discount, includes active, retired, discharged. Doesn't matter.

2. If you're a veteran, bring your DD214, DL and last years Fed tax return to the enrollment office at the VA and ask for an ID card. Even if you don't qualify for free medical you'll still be issued an ID card. 

I have used the VA since 1986, depending on my income from the previous year I might get a bill.

Took my father last year to get his VA ID card. He didn't think he could get one either as a Vietnam Vet. Things are changing at the VA especially in the last few years. 

Go get your card and start getting the discounts and appreciation you deserve. 

Thank you for your service Danny!

DannyB1954 said:
I am ready to leave for Havasu. Google maps says 3 1/2 hours, so if I left now I would be finding a camp in the dark. Tomorrow first thing, ( right after coffee). Any updates on the turn out yet?

I woke up at 5 am and now I can't find my keys! ARGGGGG!  I must have set them down while picking up something else. Sun should be coming up soon. I looked in the garage, but I will look again, then it is time to start unloading the van and looking in boxes. They are here someplace. I don't lose them often, but when I do it is not anyplace easy to find. 

On the VA ID card, that is used for medical benefits, and I don't qualify. I went to the VA web site and under their list of who qualifies it says If none of the above apply to you, you may still qualify for care based on your income. https://www.vets.gov/healthcare/apply/ I was able to have it put on my drivers licence, so no big deal. I just bought a generator from Home Depot and didn't even ask. I got the ryobi 2200 with the extended warranty. They may not be as good as a Honda, but if it breaks during the next 6 years, I get another free.

DannyB1954 said:
I woke up at 5 am and now I can't find my keys! ARGGGGG! 

Found em! I was locking things up on the rear trailer hitch cargo carrier and they were still in the lock. One stop for gas and I am underway.

Yay! When you're packing stuff is the worst time to lose keys!

When i'm stomping about the house demanding "where the hell did I put my f*****g keys, they're usually in my hand :D

The build out party sounds like fun, I got a van with a bunch of shelves in it right now. Well, if I can't find help to do it early in 2017, if someone is going to be in western Washington, I can hire them to help me. There is a campground in a riverside park a mile away from me and I will cover the campground stay.
Just putting that out there.

DannyB1954 said:
On the VA ID card, that is used for medical benefits, and I don't qualify. I went to the VA web site and under their list of who qualifies it says  If none of the above apply to you, you may still qualify for care based on your income.   https://www.vets.gov/healthcare/apply/     

You have to actually go to an enrollment office at a VA facility for the ID Card. ALL veterans qualify for the ID card but not all qualify for healthcare. The link you used is for healthcare.

Posting pictures, with permission, from fb

"Fun project.....cutting a hole the roof of a new Fort Transit"

havasu build party1.jpg

Attachments

• havasu build party1.jpg
    havasu build party1.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 41
No, Adrian. I'm not going to make it out west, this year.

Attachments

• crvl481.jpg
    crvl481.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 23
  • crvl482.jpg
    crvl482.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 25
  • crvl483.jpg
    crvl483.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 26
  • crvlhavasu1.jpg
    crvlhavasu1.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 40
Well at least it wasn't any embarrassing Amazon shopping Cyndi had in her cut/paste. :D

Looks like a good start to the event, too bad I can't make that one.

The turn off of London Bridge Rd is at the yellow arrows just north of Retail Center Dr. This is near the border of BLM land so don't go beyond the main group. A collection was raised and a portapotty rented.

Good 4g verizon and sprint signals, t-mobile voice is also good. (I don't have at&t or non-voice t-mobile.) Lots of over the air TV stations.

From the pics it looks like a good turnout. Best wishes for great times and many projects completed.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

"[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Finishing up Jacquelines solar this morning to get her back on the road to Phoenix by tonight."[/font]
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]havasu build party2.jpg[/font]

Attachments

• havasu build party2.jpg
    havasu build party2.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 35
Looks quite daunting. I hope they have enough volunteers. Such a great thing for Jamie to do. Does he post on CRVL?