Jamie/Enigmatic Nomadic's *Build Out Your Van Party"

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes would love to attend....hopefully there'll be another one in the spring?!

Starting to sound like "Woodstock with Circular Saws".  :/

I reverse my position on recommending doing it in the Home Depot parking lot.  Bad idea.  Hopefully it doesn't get out of control, in terms of size, and end up with the same problem as the Summer RTR.  Maybe some advance planning can avoid that (dispersed pods, share vehicles to congregate discreetly for a workshop, joint meal, van-raising, etc).  Small groups with periodic hub get-togethers. An organizational method used successfully in lots of other places, programs.

On the other hand, it will probably turn out to be like lots of other stuff -- high initial interest, but small attendance.

Final thought for the moment:
I'd love to exchange ideas, brainstorm, assist in stages of construction, etc. If applicable, be on the receiving end of some of that. However, the thought of my van/truck getting the miraculous transformation visited upon the sad Christmas tree from the end of "A Charlie Brown Christmas" gives me serious pause. Too much of a control freak for that. Anyone can rush and throw shit in a box with enthusiasm. I'd want it to come to fruition more slowly so that I could understand it all and agree to it all along the way. Plus, it's a bit unrealistic to expect 10 empty vans to show up, and then go from zero-to-60 on build-out in less than two weeks. Some help is better than no help, and that's the way I'm approaching it, if I'm lucky enough to approach it at all.

Just my 2 cents and feedback for the organizers.

Vagabound

I'd not want to set up shop and work on vehicles in a HD parking lot even if it were allowed. I understand he convenience of the materials close at hand, but I'd want to not have to worry about stick and brick dweller eyes, when there is good free camping outside city limits.

And Besides, such tasks need to have cold beer consumed at a prodigious rate when nearing completions of the task and it is time to thing about putting away the tools.

I consider working in parking lots to be a last resort.

Agreed on all points, except that beer consumption begins about 1/2 way through tool use.

Fine idea.

If I can make it, I'll help out as needed.

Cyndi, if you (or someone) has time, do you mind checking on the current plans to see if dates, intentions, etc. are all still the same, and posting an update here?

Thanks,

Vagabound

If I hear anything, I'll certainly post it. I'm keeping track of the event for more than a couple people who are not on facebook.

matrixdutch said:
Will the location of the even be publicly announced?
WheelEstate USA said:
As far as I know it will be posted on his F-book page..

When I click on the Facebook page link, I'm prohibited from viewing the content on that page unless I first obey the prompt on that page to join, or to login.

As a non-user of Facebook, the content on that page doesn't appear to qualify as 'public' information since it's apparently only visible to Facebook members.

I hate facebook but I have an account and even log in on occasion. I'll join it and if I remember(lol) I'll post updates here but I'll bet others beat me to it.

There's enough of us on facebook that this thread will be updated as soon as the fb page is updated. Count on it

New text from James...
Everything is on track for Nov 1.
He has some cool plans.
Announcements to come soon.

James is currently working on some new vids before stepping into "build mode".

Cyndi...thanks for watching FB for us.

Jamie posted yesterday on FB. No real news. he says, "... I'm in transit to Havasu now. Working out some details on the venue. There will be NO confusion. Everythng very soon. I'm getting some interviews edited and out on the channel before the party!"

Also, Jamie's asking for people to sign up on the FB group page and to PM him to let him know what you need/want done so he can have some idea of scheduling, etc. If you're not on FB, intend on going and want something done let me know so I can let james know.

Phoeey. Don't have my Mulligan yet. Now if the other van had been what I ordered... I'd be there already! hahaha

Latest posts