I played with my poop

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AMGS3 said:
 . . . somebody could convert the cab of a septic pumping truck so they could live in it. They could just collect everybody's waste products (for an appropriate fee) in the tank, and when they get enough, deposit them at a sewage treatment facility . . .

Rothchild's Sewage Sucking Service?  :p

Oh Q I'm on to bigger better ideas already.

Er... uh... smaller strawberry-er. I'm thinking of scented poo powder that smells like midsummer picnic Jell-O deserts. Like summer in a bag.

But certainly some more energetic enterprising soul out there will read this thread, with these ideas, be inspired, and find their calling.

~angie

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

John61CT said:
Definitely illegal on most public land.

May get away with it on your own land, depends on the town / county enforcement and (especially) your neighbors.
On any public land you can dig a "cat hole" I would believe you could do a latrine, just my opinion.  BLM land where most of us boondock does have restrictions on RVs with black tanks I believe but probably most simi-perminent cowboy camps on BLM land have a latrine with a portable wooden box type cover (open on the bottom) and attached toliet seat on top.  Scout troops have been digging latrines for years.  When done correctly does no harm to the land.  As long as the 14 day rule is followed and leave no trace is practiced unless someone can site a law otherwise it seems that it is normal practice on unimproved BLM land.  National Parks are a definite no as per individual superintendent.  Although nude sunbathing and swimming are allowed if no other visitor files a complaint in most all national parks soooo!

Spaceman Spiff
Aahh! I haven't watched Red Green in forever. I loved that show. Used to work at a public tv station and part of my shift weekly was to record it off the live sat and save it to air later. Good times.

~angie

AMGS3 said:
Oh Q I'm on to bigger better ideas already.
And just when you were getting hot on the trail of a viable group solution.

Lol RowanFae
What I was picturing was more like a fancy Jell-O ring mold, with poo in it.

Edited because looking at that pic for too long will make me never want to see Jell-O again.

Correction- why will it not let me delete a pic???

Attachments

• screenshot_2018-11-08-22-44-35-1-resized-500.jpeg
    screenshot_2018-11-08-22-44-35-1-resized-500.jpeg
    23.7 KB · Views: 9
I looked it up yesterday, and those porta pottis really don't hold all that much volume. A group of van dwellers don't really need a closet to hide in, as they all have their vans already to go be modest in. So all you really need is a tank on the trailer to carry the goodies. And some pink paint on the tank to hide the prize.

ok this thread has convinced me that many of you need to report to the "You Ain't Right Club"(YARC) thread and fess up your YARC story. highdesertranger

Ok, this is a popular topic, so I haven't read all of the posts.  Someone might have already suggested this.  
If you're willing to play with your poop, perhaps you can just recycle it.  

Orally. 

Ok, that just sounded hostile.  Sorry, but I just couldn't resist it.  
:p
And no, I won't put my tongue back in.  

ROFLMFAO

or use it to make stucco for your van if ya want a change in color?
hmmm, might make flies come around tho and we all hate the bugs when out and about but at 60mph down the road you can lose them I think :)

RoamerRV428 said:
or use it to make stucco for your van if ya want a change in color?
hmmm, might make flies come around tho and we all hate the bugs when out and about but at 60mph down the road you can lose them I think :)

One of the "minimalist"/off-grid approaches to house-building is using cow manure.  Human waste might smell a bit.  But , you know, one man's ceiling is another man's floor.

yea shoveled tons of manure being a farmer. Smell to me is sweet as honey actually while others cringe like it is a bad thing. Black tank and poop smells, sorry, not a darn good thing one can say about that crap coming at ya!

another thread had an intruder in their van while out and about, a good layer of stucco poop might keep others from ever considering your van as a target :) :) see security comes with this option HA

QinReno said:
...So, my preferred method is still using kitty litter in the bag...

I used kitty litter for a while, then sawdust, then peat moss. But I couldn't see a reason for any of that unless I was composting, which I'm not. It just adds bulk and it's something more to carry in the van. I made peace with my poo. I don't need to mask it or mix it. It is what it is.

The reason I put a little bit of sawdust in my poop bag is because I dribble a little urine during the process.  The sawdust absorbs the pee so if there is a pinhole in the bag it doesn't leak.

oh yea I ain't no fly so I won't be running toward that smothered thing ever :) going the other way real fast :)