How do cat (poop) holes work?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, if you are using the bucket, consider using wipes instead of paper products. They are truly designed to do the job without failures common to TP. You cannot flush wipes but they are fine to throw away as solid waste properly packaged. Also some can multi task for hygiene cleanups.

My fave is Prevail brand wipes I buy mail order, followed by an expensive brand that is great for hygiene carried at walmart "dapple baby head to toe wipes" but still cheaper than buying TP or paying for a shower.

Also if you miss the bucket, using a disposable sheet is good. They are also cheap by mail order and have a plastic side and a fluffy absorbent side, brand is McKesson. You could reuse until that time you miss.
-crofter

Last edited:
Does anyone incinerate their waste? Or use dessicant to dry it up? I have thought of this but not tried it. You would have to have a super hot fire to be effective. I suppose in the current climate that fires are out of the question.
-crofter

Does anyone incinerate their waste? Or use dessicant to dry it up? I have thought of this but not tried it. You would have to have a super hot fire to be effective. I suppose in the current climate that fires are out of the question.
-crofter
While in the Army, training in Alaska, there was no other good way to dispose of human waste other than burning it. We did out business into 55 gallon drums cut in half. When the drums were about 3/4 full, they were carried to another location, then mixed with diesel. (We used entrenching tools as stir sticks.) After that it was lit on fire and added diesel as needed, and burned. That was where the expression "shit detail" came from. True story. That would be hard to do for one person, though it might not be a bad solution for the toilet paper.