I played with my poop

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
highdesertranger said:
you can't dump WAG bags at an RV dump station.
For me, never dealing with or looking for official dump stations is one of the main reasons for going "compost" style.

WAG bags are another method involving chemicals, completely different topic.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

someone else brought up the wag bags and dumping them at a RV dump station. I was just pointing out that is not an option. highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
someone else brought up the wag bags and dumping them at a RV dump station. I was just pointing out that is not an option. highdesertranger

Sorry thought responding to my post above. In fact crossed wired from the other thread, double soooaarry (with the canadian accent)

Our kitty litter we use at home is flushable. sWheat Scoop is the brand name. I would NEVER flush a lot but it works totally fine to flush a small scoop. It is made from wheat, is biodegradable and free from harsh stuff. I am no expert on what should or should not go in a pit toilet. I am still in the research phase for how my family and I are going to deal with this. But, if this is your preferred method maybe this type of litter would be a better option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. There are two kinds of clay-type cat litters, clumping and non-clumping.

The clumping type forms a lump when exposed to water, and will form that lump in plumbing pipes if flushed down a toilet, so if you do this, make sure you put it down YOUR own toilet, and no one else's.

The non-clumping type will absorb some moisture, but won't turn into slippery clay. This the kind you use for winter snow/ice traction.

2. Disposable diapers go into the landfill. For those who disagree, WHERE ELSE would you put them? They DO NOT go into recycling bins.

3. Human poop goes into toilets, either flush or vault, but WITHOUT THE BAG. But you can bet money that most Americans won't do that, so the next best option is delivering it to the landfill. Landfills are trying to change over to methane digesting facilities/power plants, so that should become less of a liability, eventually.

Poop (human or dog or cat) DOES NOT go to gas station waste receptacles or into their dumpsters without their SPECIFIC permission. That is not a free service for you -- they pay good money for it, not for you.

If you refuse to use a toilet for disposal, find out where the most-local landfill, transfer station, or similar facility is, and deliver the waste to them. Yes, you may have to pay a fee. SO WHAT?

4. Urine is generally quite sterile unless you have a bladder infection or a disease like Leptospirosis (rare). A year's supply of urine contains about 2.5 pounds of useful nutrients, so you might as well return it to the soil. This does NOT mean that you should dump it at the base of living plants or trees -- it is much too concentrated and is likely to have negative effects on them. Dig a hole in the soil out in the open, empty your container, and refill the hole.

There are websites that have lists of GPS coordinates where you can leave your poo. I think they call it geocaching.