I played with my poop

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moxadox said:
Bahaha!!! Love the idea.

The Dire Wolfess
Just realized how that phrase could be taken by a kinky crowd like this.

Taking the piss?

Actually I guess trolling covers it. . .

John61CT said:
Just realized how that phrase could be taken by a kinky crowd like this.

Taking the piss?

Actually I guess trolling covers it. . .
KINKY??? Who's kinky? Not ME. Uh-uh, nope.

The Dire Wolfess

There is nothing kinky about having a viable way to deal with your poop. It's just a chore that needs taking care of. But what is kinky is imagining ~angie smearing it on a rock wall like she's making petroglyphs. Now that is ... Hideous Kinky.

QinReno said:
But what is kinky is imagining ~angie smearing it on a rock wall like she's making petroglyphs. Now that is ... Hideous Kinky.

Imagine doing stick figure drawings with the thinned-out poo.  Future archaeologists might think, "Boy, the Stone Age guys were MUCH better artists!  Did they get stupider?"

Is that Kinky too?

I will admit I haven't read all 19 pages of poo prose, but I will offer what I think might be a better or realistic alternative. (Please not this may not be possible in the rocky soil of the desert.) Get to your spot, auger a 6" x 4 foot deep hole with one of these, place a privacy tent over the hole and potty without the bag or bottom. After each use add a few inches of soil on top and continue to use until it's full. Then move to new spot and start over. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00002N8OK/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

Oh hell Greg. It would take dynamite to dig that hole. I had one of those when I was living in NM. That dirt was so hard I had to wet it then wait an hour, dig a couple inches and repeat.

Cammalu said:
Oh hell Greg.  It would take dynamite to dig that hole. I had one of those when I was living in NM. That dirt was so hard I had to wet it then wait an hour, dig a couple inches and repeat.

I guess I should have said it may not work in hard rock soil, oh wait I did. Could also use a gas powered one, they cost way less than a composting toilet and could handle hard soil. A little bit of noise once a week or so. Not too bad.

Whoops Greg, sorry I missed that

Have you left KY yet?

I'm visiting Tucson and have met more people from Kentucky than when I lived there. A little lime sprinkled over the poop in the hole will really help keep the smell and insects in check before adding soil. What you are making is an out house and would work fine as long as you put a big rock over it to compact the soil and keep someone or animal from stepping in it when your done and gone. I like big bangs but check local rules. Maybe you could give your excess dirt to HDR to pan!

kygreg said:
 . . . Could also use a gas powered one, they cost way less than a composting toilet and could handle hard soil. A little bit of noise once a week or so. Not too bad.

Gas powered augers are hard work, especially in hard soil.  Whatever forces are required to burrow into the soil you have to resist on the handles (Newtons third law, equal and opposite forces).

Spaceman Spiff said:
Gas powered augers are hard work, especially in hard soil.  Whatever forces are required to burrow into the soil you have to resist on the handles (Newtons third law, equal and opposite forces).
It's one hole not a fence line full. But yeah be prepared to do the whirly bird if you hit something solid. Lol

The end of the tunnel is not hardly not in sight on this thread. I still think the best solution for a group of 50 or so caravaners would also be the simplest solution. A trailer with a several 100-gallon tank that the caravaners could empty their wags into, and which could be dumped once a week at an RV dump station. Any vehicle could pull the trailer. "Sweet" and simple.

Giant boring machine.

kygreg said:
But yeah be prepared to do the whirly bird if you hit something solid. Lol
If you're really adamant about this, you could put stakes in the ground and attach ropes to the auger handles. Just needing a smaller borer to make holes for the stakes. It's turtles all the way down.

I wonder if something attached to a simple power drill would make any headway in looser soil ...

Stuff you buy in bags maybe.

Width of the auger bit is a factor.

But no, anything electric would burn out in actual ground

couple of points. first, you can't dump WAG bags at an RV dump station. second, I can tell most of you have had no experience digging holes with a gas powered auger or a hand powered auger or just plain digging a hole. highdesertranger

Maybe those that don't know can just follow HDR around and help him fill in his holes as he looks for gold!!! HA! HA! When I was really young I took a ride on the handle of a gear reduction 1/2" drill with a masonary bit, took forever to stop, you only need to do that once in your life.

bullfrog said:
Maybe those that don't know can just follow HDR around and help him fill in his holes as he looks for gold!!!  HA! HA!  
ROTFLOL, good one! HDR can save a lot of time by "not" filling in his prospecting holes. All he needs do is post his last GPS coordinates and people can come there and use the holes he left behind. Good one! Win, win. Ha.

QinReno said:
ROTFLOL, good one! HDR can save a lot of time by "not" filling in his prospecting holes. All he needs do is post his last GPS coordinates and people can come there and use the holes he left behind. Good one! Win, win. Ha.

I think that would be a real character-building activity.  And you might learn something about prospecting, as well. 
Win-Win , I say, as well.