How do you carry, if you carry a gun?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please stay on topic which is, "How do you carry, if you carry" all other posts will be deleted. I have already deleted a few. Highdesertranger

tx2sturgis said:
Yep...a double barrel revolver, called the Thunderstruck. Made by Standard Arms.

It shoots two .22 mags with each pull of the trigger....so you can load snake shot next to a hollow-point and be ready for two different kinds of 'threats'.

Wow. Didn't know there was such an animal. Kind of reminds me of the old Western show on TV where the guy had a .45 revolver with a cylinder that was modified to include one .410 shotgun shell.

"Wow. Didn't know there was such an animal"

Taurus has the Judge, Shoots either .410 or .45. I've seen them at the range.

Each state has its own laws regarding carrying guns and what's legal in one state may not be in another. Probably best to check the laws for each area that you plan to visit.

sreesekelley said:

Taurus has the Judge, Shoots either .410 or .45.  I've seen them at the range.

Two .410's fired simultaneously would be a hoot...

I had to delete more posts, Do some of you not understand what I posted in post #121.

IF I HAVE TO DELETE ANY MORE POSTS THE DELETED POSTER WILL GET WARNING POINTS AND/OR PUT ON MODERATION. PERIOD.

Highdesertranger

sreesekelley said:

Taurus has the Judge, Shoots either .410 or .45.  I've seen them at the range.

This is one of the reasons I feel blessed to be in Arizona. I admit my bias, since I am born and raised here. But perhaps our greatest asset is that within our state we have such varied topography and environments. I can enjoy the deserts in the winter, or the high mountains in the summer. All without having to worry about how the gun laws have changed, because they haven't.

Granted, this year with all the forest closures due to the fire season, it is more difficult than most years prior. But it can be done.

I don't think that holding the car in the car is a good idea. In my opinion, it's better to buy a decent holster for your gun and walk without fear that your car will be stolen with your gun. Personally, I wear the crossbreed holsters from the Super tuck for my Taurus TX22 with the best scope ruger ar 556 models, and it's very comfortable, and sometimes, I even forget that holster is equipped on me. In any case, I recommend you all folks don't risk and buy a holster for your gun, since not all of us have machine guns, ahaha.

Well I have a Glock G19X (9mm) mid sized with a IWB, a Glock G22 (40 Cal) full sized OWB, and a Glock G42 (.380 Cal) Subcompact with a pocket holster. I like the 19X best when its adjusted correctly I handle even know its there. I keep them in different places for different uses. I also keep a 12 ga pump shotgun handy as well.

I keep a mossberg 500 home defender in my shuttle bus so those that look in the door windows can see I don't mess around.its mounted on the doghouse.

Hill People Gear Original Kit Bag v2.0 on person wilderness
I have been eyeing the HPG kit bags for quite awhile. While camping in my home state I generally carry a Ruger LCPII in a pocket holster. Have been thinking of the kit bag to hold a large revolver or pistol. I am planning to take a road trip to SD this year and really don't know yet what to take but will try to plot a route through concealed carry friendly states. May end up just a carrying a big fixed blade Buck knife.

I finally found an electric lock for my 870 Remington Shotgun. It came from a Police car and has an electric release on it. I plan to mount a button so I can just push it and release it.5174A228-FD10-461B-BCB2-879CA9B22861.jpeg

I keep a mossberg 500 home defender in my shuttle bus so those that look in the door windows can see I don't mess around.its mounted on the doghouse.
It's mounted where it can be seen when you're sleep? Does that mean your windows aren't covered at night? If it's that close to the door, can't someone get to it before you can get to it? If it's mounted during the daytime, doesn't that tell people it's in there so they know to break in when you're gone and steal it?

Hm, I'd worry about someone breaking in to steal it.
That was my question. Guns are stolen all the time. I definitely wouldn't display one that big because it's more likely to be inside the bus when they're not inside the bus.

If I have a firearm (revolver/Semi) I will conceal carry it on my belt when possible, or open carry where required. I will rarely if ever leave my firearm in the vehicle unattended, but if I do my vehicle is well alarmed.

Long guns usually would be stored in a lockbox out of view. Don't need cops trying to steel my stuff.

In general its a poor idea to have any firearms visible to anyone outside the vehicle, though local laws vary considerably and on if the occupant has a concealed carry permit. Some western mountain states have no issue with loaded firearms in vehicles, though in Wy if one doesnt have a concealed carry permit it has to be visible when the person is in it unless cased and not easily available, and not visible from outside when they are not.

Visible firearms arent as much of a deterrent as many wish or believe them to be. There may be appropriate times and places to let it be known, but as a general thing, not such a good idea, more of an invitation to steal.

It should go without saying that firearms should be secured in vehicles to prevent theft (though this bit of common sense seems uncommon), guns taken from vehicles, often unlocked for some bizarre reason, are a source of guns to criminals. The small gun lock boxes and vehicle safes that either bolt in place or use cables to attach to something solid like a seat frame are a big step up in security, but a cable and lock attached to a seat frame or other significant structural part and secured to the gun can help also.

That was my question. Guns are stolen all the time. I definitely wouldn't display one that big because it's more likely to be inside the bus when they're not inside the bus.
You apparently don't know your guns.its 22 inches long total. I don't leave my shuttle bus for more than a couple hours at a time in which I put it up.i do lock my doors both when I'm gone and at night. Inside my bus is my home and the 2nd amendment gives me the right to defend it and myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.