How do you carry, if you carry a gun?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I deleted a few posts. This thread is not about Canada. Please stay on topic.

If you want to discuss guns in Canada start a new thread.

Highdesertranger

Have any of the women here used a FlashBang holster, or know anyone who has? If so, your opinion?

BelgianPup said:
Have any of the women here used a FlashBang holster, or know anyone who has?  If so, your opinion?
I would be too afraid for the girls I think, could you still make your shot if some flesh got caught in the slide? When I sliced my pinky up in class, it was enough to make me sit out a few rounds.

Though men do use IWB carry in the appendix position same as women.

Also, the flash part is less than discreet. You will attract attention with that. So my answer is negative on the flash bang, nope.
-crofter

Crofter, is that actual experience, or assumption? The gun I would be carrying there is a small revolver... They don't have a slide.

BelgianPup said:
Crofter, is that actual experience, or assumption?  The gun I would be carrying there is a small revolver... They don't have a slide.
That is a negative on the flash bang. Have not used one.

However you may be braver, and you are correct a revolver has a completely different shape. The demo video by she equips herself using the flash bang looks pretty smooth.

For a long time my fave was the uncle mike's soft IWB holster. Then one time the firearm fell out, and since then I am more concerned with using the stiffer holster and something with retention.
-crofter

I have a gun on me 24/7.

First and foremost, SAFETY. PLEASE LOOK UP THE 4 FUNDEMENTALS OF FIREARM SAFETY. IT SAVES LIVES.

2nd, know the laws.

Politicians like to tell you if and how you can defend your own life. This, of course, while they roll around with personal security that are carrying...wait for it....guns. Compliance is optional. If you allow the threat of jail to prevent you from defending yourself from violent criminals who don't follow the law anyway, that's on you. Remember that.

Dont fall for the hype. Keep it simple. Any gun is better than none. Get something that you will actually carry, and shoot it. Practice.

There's no wrong way. I carry a glock 43 in a pocket holster. Works best for work where I'm "not allowed" and overall it's very discrete and I forget it's there, so comfort is good. In my room (and soon my van) I keep something a bit more 'home defense' oriented. Usually a Glock 19. I also use a suppressor. Consider one if you like your ear drums. Firing a gun inside, let alone inside a van, is, well, not fun.

In summary, safety above all else, something is better than nothing, and you're better off judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Oh, and anyone who is naive enough to be "anti gun"...lol, don't bother trying to talk them out of the bubble they exist in. Cheers!

Ironically, on my birthday, June 17th, Texas Governor Greg Abbott signed into law, HB1927 which makes Constitutional Carry (open carry and concealed) legal in Texas....the best birthday present...better than I could have asked for!

It officially becomes effective Sept 1 but for all intents and purposes, it is law now.

Thanks, I bought myself a new, double barrel revolver, but I'm having trouble finding a holster for it. 

Yep...a double barrel revolver, called the Thunderstruck. Made by Standard Arms.

It shoots two .22 mags with each pull of the trigger....so you can load snake shot next to a hollow-point and be ready for two different kinds of 'threats'.

IMG_20210613_142538514.jpgIMG_20210613_142553906.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210613_142538514.jpg
    IMG_20210613_142538514.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20210613_142553906.jpg
    IMG_20210613_142553906.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 28
tx2sturgis said:
Ironically, on my birthday, June 17th, Texas Governor Greg Abbott signed into law, HB1927 which makes Constitutional Carry (open carry and concealed) legal in Texas....the best birthday present...better than I could have asked for!

It officially becomes effective Sept 1 but for all intents and purposes, it is law now.
Hooray!!!

-crofter

Just for info... as far as handguns (here I am referring only to handguns) ....yes Texas has had permits (CHL or LTC) for concealed and open carry...but under the Castle Doctrine, you could carry open or concealed at home or your business with no permit needed, and also under the Castle doctrine, you could carry concealed in your vehicle, again, no permit needed.

The law just makes it legal (for those legally allowed to possess firearms) to carry openly or concealed, walking down the street, without asking the state for a permit.

Obviously there are restrictions: can't carry in a bar, courthouse, school, hospital, post office, etc etc...all the normal stuff applies.

North Dakota is similar to Texas with the same no guns allowed places. I still have my Utah ccp but is a nonresident now. Still like my Ruger LCP, conceals real well in my pocket and can hardly feel it's there.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Sorry, Constitutional Carry makes no sense to me. Everyone needs training. Especially new gun owners carrying guns in their pocket.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It makes sense because we live in a dangerous world with mass shooters, criminals, home invasions, muggings, etc, and other criminal types who themselves don't care about getting a permit.

It's only fair the law abiding citizens should also be able to be armed, if they so choose. People can still choose to get training, and that is a good idea for anyone who plans to carry a firearm. They can also choose to be certified for a permit, again, if they choose. They will gain reciprocity and also wont need a background check every time they buy a new firearm.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”

― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

We don't need to turn this into a gun debate. Anymore posts along those lines will be deleted. Highdesertranger

Status
Not open for further replies.