Finally got my van

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been on the ill side the past several days, the usual crud so not much work being accomplished, and watched a couple of sci-fi flicks. So much for being a complete nerd.

LivGolden said:
Rather than Guy Fawkes, I was thinking Ronald Reaganesque like - Twenty Mule Team Borax. 

Q, you can run the projector and sell the Milk Duds. Maybe get a yo yo - bring the customers in. 

I'll start working on the script.
I hope it is the Yo-Yo that whistles ;)

QinReno said:
I've been on the ill side the past several days, the usual crud so not much work being accomplished, and watched a couple of sci-fi flicks. So much for being a complete nerd.
Is there crud going around in Nevada Q? Hope you been staying away from the fast food places. Major source of spreading the crud.

I have a lot of L'Amour audio books books I can give you access to if you send a PM

FOLDER Louis L'Amour
FILE Z:\ServerFolders\Audio Books\Louis L'Amour\
FOLDER A Man Called Trent 5-9-06
FOLDER Big Country, Volume 1 2-20-56
FOLDER Downloaded
FOLDER High Lonesome 03-48-49
FOLDER Hondo 05-38-59
FOLDER Kiowa Trail 4-33-02
FOLDER Lonigan 0-54-59
FOLDER Love and the Cactus Kid 0-53-26
FOLDER McQueen of the Tumbling K 0-56-51
FOLDER Medicine Ground 00-54-57
FOLDER Monument Rock 1-09-29
FOLDER Riders of the Dawn 04-24-38
FOLDER Sacketts Land 5-15-03
FOLDER Showdown on the Hogback 5-12-06
FOLDER The Rider of Lost Creek 04-41-13
FOLDER The Rider of Ruby Hills 04-41-04
FOLDER The Sixth Shotgun 0-56-40

There have been massive crowds in the grocery stores lately, don't know why, but that's likely where it might have come from. Standing in line.

FWIW, I have actually being working on a more ****-like diet lately, which means cooking a "lot" more unfortunately. It's kind of halfway **** - cutting down on wheat, pasta, and rice, and spending the time to cook vegetables like squash, asparagus, green beans, onions, etc, in the fry pan in olive oil with chicken, salmon, eggs.

There were some threads in the cooking section recently, and I've been working on easy to make meals when on the road, and especially involving non-refrigerated foods, like chicken meat in a can and small cans of corn and green beans. No 1000W of solar to drive (2) frigs. My cooking is extremely simple, either boil water for coffee and oatmeal, or make something in a 9" ceramic fry pan. Very little clean up.

HalfShadows said:
Your a Yo-Yo. Selling tickets and tossing a Yo-Yo around made me crack up.
She was referring to me being the yo-yo. I'm used to it by now.

Things are starting to shape up. Last week it was 1/2 opening a boondocker grocery, with having all those refrigerators, and this week it's a lending library. The "Shadow General Merchandise Company and Lending Library". Sounds good.

B and C said:
I have a lot of L'Amour  audio books books I can give you access to if you send a PM

FOLDER Louis L'Amour
FILE Z:\ServerFolders\Audio Books\Louis L'Amour\
FOLDER A Man Called Trent 5-9-06
FOLDER Big Country, Volume 1 2-20-56
FOLDER Downloaded
FOLDER High Lonesome 03-48-49
FOLDER Hondo 05-38-59
FOLDER Kiowa Trail 4-33-02
FOLDER Lonigan 0-54-59
FOLDER Love and the Cactus Kid 0-53-26
FOLDER McQueen of the Tumbling K 0-56-51
FOLDER Medicine Ground 00-54-57
FOLDER Monument Rock 1-09-29
FOLDER Riders of the Dawn 04-24-38
FOLDER Sacketts Land 5-15-03
FOLDER Showdown on the Hogback 5-12-06
FOLDER The Rider of Lost Creek 04-41-13
FOLDER The Rider of Ruby Hills 04-41-04
FOLDER The Sixth Shotgun 0-56-40
Thank You B and C that is very kind of you. But I like physically turning pages. Makes me feel like part of the story for some strange reason.

QinReno said:
There have been massive crowds in the grocery stores lately, don't know why, but that's likely where it might have come from. Standing in line.

FWIW, I have actually being working on a more ****-like diet lately, which means cooking a "lot" more unfortunately. It's kind of halfway **** - cutting down on wheat, pasta, and rice, and spending the time to cook vegetables like squash, asparagus, green beans, onions, etc, in the fry pan in olive oil with chicken, salmon, eggs.

There were some threads in the cooking section recently, and I've been working on easy to make meals when on the road, and especially involving non-refrigerated foods, like chicken meat in a can and small cans of corn and green beans. No 1000W of solar to drive (2) frigs. My cooking is extremely simple, either boil water for coffee and oatmeal, or make something in a 9" ceramic fry pan. Very little clean up.
Good for you Q.  I cook almost all the time. Living out in the foothills separates me form the fast food. Last Night I grilled pork chops and had a can of beans. The night before Steak and Brussel sprouts. Ohh the heater core is installed. Tomorrow I will connect the hoses and leak check.

I see they have some Loius Lamour audiobooks, narrated by famous cowboy singers.
- https://play.google.com/store/audio...gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CJex2rjVid4CFZFCNwoduKUN7g

This afternoon I was downloading some classic books in MP3 format from Project Gutenberg, and storing to SD card so I can transfer over to my Android tablet. When driving, I can run it from USB power feeding off 12V, and plug in an amplified speaker. Easy-peezy.

Mainly for driving, as I just read real books at home or in camp.

I used to listen to audio books when i had to be somewhere, it sure made time fly

[font='droid sans', sans-serif]The "Shadow General Merchandise Company and Lending Library" ![/font]

[font='droid sans', sans-serif]Perfect!  :idea: [/font]

LivGolden said:
[font='droid sans', sans-serif]The "Shadow General Merchandise Company and Lending Library" ![/font]

[font='droid sans', sans-serif]Perfect!  :idea: [/font]
Yo-Yo's in the back free demonstrations.

I am serious, It has been a long time but used to watch movies on the clouds. It was a bummer when the clouds separated occasionally. Kind of like having to adjust the rabbit ears on an old tube tv. Pretty cool though.

I like the idea of watching movies in the desert. We should make that work, somehow...

LivGolden said:
I like the idea of watching movies in the desert. We should make that work, somehow...
I can make that happen. Bring your favorite movies. Just don't want to bother others.