Finally got my van

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
During intermission we can show a technical short movie for Q. along with hot dogs jumping into buns. :rolleyes:

I don't actually own any movies. Or a TV.  I know...I just don't miss it. When I check into a motel, on occasion, it's '#57 channels and nothing on.'

But what a good idea. I imagine some folks have movies. Maybe a Southwestern  theme. I like old Westerns. I think others would. Invite everyone. That way we aren't bothering them. 

I sure hope Q finds his popcorn maker. If not, there's always Jiffy Pop on a campfire.

Maybe some Ma and Pa Kettle movies, Trying to remember movies I saw at the drive-in when I was younger. Do some Retro Movies Steve Mcqueen. I have "To Kill A Mockingbird" one of my favorite movies. Black and white movies in the desert sounds appropriate.

If you bring the theater, 1/2, I am sure many people will show up with their DVDs. The "Shadow General Merchandise Company, Lending Library, and High Desert Theatre". Fresh meat and produce, good books, and good movies.

2000 of the 4000+ RTR attendees will come flocking to your camp. Tell them to bring DVDs and popcorn. Afterwards, people will be tracking SnowBunny on the highways and texting their friends. "He just turned off on the Plomosa Road heading towards Bouse". (I love it).

poo you don't need no stinkin electric popcorn popper. dutch oven on a camp stove or campfire works fine. jiffy pop is sacrilege. highdesertranger

I love the placard you made. 

Seriously, Q, I think you may be so essentric that if you ever go senile, no one will notice. And that's gotta be a good thing!
(Actually, I'm counting on that being a good thing)

Dutch Oven popcorn. Who knew...!

1/2, twenty years ago, I saw the reenactment of the Courtroom Scene at the very courthouse in Monroeville, AL, put on by local actors. My husband and I ate at the little Catfish joint, too. A wonderful memory! - What a great idea. Oh, and  I also just bought a book called 'Scout, Atticus and Boo. It's's a series of essays of people telling how the book impacted their lives. Really interesting. 

I'm going to look around for a DVD or is it BlueRay?

All right HDR will be our popcorn vendor.  I have To Kill a Mockingbird. Blu Ray will Play Standard definition as well. Love the Placard Q.Bringing my Projector and  Blu Ray DVD Player. Not going to bring my surround sound system. too bulky. Bringing my sound bar. the audio should be okay. UH-OHHH. What about mens and ladies room. Might have to relocate SB after the movie LOL. Maybe grill up a bunch of hot dogs before hand for a treat as well.

LivGolden said:
I love the placard you made. 

Seriously, Q, I think you may be so essentric that if you ever go senile, no one will notice. And that's gotta be a good thing!
(Actually, I'm counting on that being a good thing)

Dutch Oven popcorn. Who knew...!

1/2, twenty years ago, I saw the reenactment of the Courtroom Scene at the very courthouse in Monroeville, AL, put on by local actors. My husband and I ate at the little Catfish joint, too. A wonderful memory! - What a great idea. Oh, and  I also just bought a book called 'Scout, Atticus and Boo. It's's a series of essays of people telling how the book impacted their lives. Really interesting. 

I'm going to look around for a DVD or is it BlueRay?
That is awesome Liv, great times and great memories.

I would have to park SB at the bottom of a grade, so people can line up their chairs in rows  for stadium seating.

QinReno said:
SB is tall enough it can probably handle people sitting in chairs on the ground. Hang a white sheet on the side for a movie screen.

Liv, someone has to be the eccentric one ... the guy on the right. One of my Top-10 favorite movies of all time.
- https://bamlive.s3.amazonaws.com/styles/program_slide/s3/Bergman_Seventh-Seal_004.jpg
I have a 10ft outdoor screen I haven't used yet, will be perfect. It doesn't have stands like the Camp Chef ones, but it makes it just that more portable.

Well off to leak check heater core and reinstall the dash. Next I will install bed frame and cut out Plywood base for the bed rails from a wheel chair ramp I disassembled last week.

Q- exactly!  :D

1/2 - Ma and PaKettle. Maybe Silentfilms like Buster Crabb or Harold Loyd. No need for sound...

Have a great day!

Yes, HDS, I think we are gonna need Dutch Oven Popcorn (now that we said it).

I guess we'll all be camping around the same spot.

Look for the Snow Bunny Beast!

If you guys keep talking pretty to HDR, you may get invited into the inner circle at RTR.

HDR, is there any possibility you were boondocking in the BLM area 3-4 miles south of Lake Havasu City about the middle of last March? The one where that big metal tank is?

Q- I'll never look at Jiffy Pop the same, again. I want to see it popping up from a Dutch Oven.

P.S. Is there a Dutch Oven Cooking thing at RTR...?