Disposing bathroom waste bags, where?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about if you write on the outside of the bag...

DANGER POO
or
NUCLEAR MATERIAL but that might get a visit from govt

HDR: "aren't solar ovens mostly air tight."

No, the whole point is to let the cool air in the bottom, it heats up and rises while taking moisture with it, and goes out a vent at the top. Natural convection.

The 'brownies' bit: Have you ever worked in a place where you put your lunch in the office fridge, and later find it gone? VERY irritating! Idea: dry the poopies in squares, top with something that looks like chopped nuts (small wood shavings?), wrap them in plastic wrap when 'done', and sell them to people who are tired of having their lunches stolen?

I once had a bunch of those red "HAZARDOUS WASTE" bags I used for trash bags with my name and address on them. I threw them in several different dumpsters and trash cans for a year, never was contacted.

Iggy said:
I thought that this is what solar ovens are for. A few hours in the oven removes all moisture from the poo. Collect for a few days and you have enough material to make a campfire to cook your food over. Works for the Mongolian nomads, why not for vandwellers in the desert Southwest?

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

How about a drying rack on the roof of the van?  You could even enjoy the view while making deposits.
Just be sure to clear it before hitting the road - drivers behind you might not appreciate the surprise.

mayble said:
How about a drying rack on the roof of the van?  You could even enjoy the view while making deposits.
Just be sure to clear it before hitting the road - drivers behind you might not appreciate the surprise.

It would definitely prevent tailgating  :)

Almost There said:
The only caveat to that being, I wouldn't use the dumpster at the Ehrenberg laundromat as I've lost track of how many times I've seen someone dumpster diving in it... :rolleyes:

It might only take one encounter with a "disposal" bag for a dumpster diver to give up diving..... for life       :)

In terms of odor, I wonder if the kitty litter bags with odor control would help. Obviously, you wouldn't want to deposit directly into the bag, but I'm thinking tie the "business bag" once after removing air, put that inside the cat litter bag and tie it off, then invert the larger garbage bag, effectively having that now be a 3rd layer of bagging, and repeat the process until you've used up all the plastic. Don't know if that was clear or not, but basically my question is whether the kitty litter bag would help enough with odor to justify the cost. Thoughts?

My solar ovens are sealed, it is why you really can't burn food in them. (but you can over cook it) In order to dehydrate something in them you have to prop the lid open a crack to let the steam and some of the heat out.

I pick up trash on the side of the road and am very careful how I pick up biological products. I wish there was a universal sign that showed what was in the bag. Perhaps a certain color tape to seal it with. Or biological materials striping on the bag.