Disposing bathroom waste bags, where?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DrJean said:
If the doggie bags have wire in them, don't.   Most of the honey dippers dump at the local sewer plant and while it can handle all sorts of things that get flushed, I doubt wire is  one of them?

No wire, I've never seen a doggie bag with wire...learn something new every day. Thanks :)

Spaceman Spiff said:
Dumpster diving is always a risky endeavor.

A wise Eskimo does not eat yellow snow.   I suspect a wise dumpster diver would be wary of any double bag that is soft and heavy for its size.

I triple bag my stuff is I need to put it in the trash.   A roll of dog walker dodo bags is pretty cheap.

If it comes out you it can go in a vault toilet. If you use the thin wiping paper supplied in the vault toilet it can go in. Any thing else can cause problems when it is pumped.

Some plastic bags only degrade when they're exposed to sunlight, but many of them were designed NOT to break down, so they don't.

Bioplastics made from cornstarch DO break down. Those made of cornstarch / Polylactide acid (PLA) slowly absorb water and swell up, causing them to break apart into small fragments that bacteria can digest.

The bags labeled 'biodegradable' mainly break down in sunlight, take decades or centuries to, and they often leave a toxic residue.

For Bioplastics that break down in industrial facilities, look for this logo: http://www.naturtec.in/images/BPI_logo.jpg

For Bioplastics that will break down in home composting units, look for something like this: http://www.ows.be/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Home-compostability-ABA-logo.jpg

But they don't appear to be very standardized, even in the U.S. Needs work.

NomadforNature,

You have my complete admiration for being able to go in a dog poo bag. 

You are the winner in the "Control the Trajectory of the Poo" contest.   There are no awards, just the pride of conquest.

Your Servant,

Pat

:D

I thought that this is what solar ovens are for. A few hours in the oven removes all moisture from the poo. Collect for a few days and you have enough material to make a campfire to cook your food over. Works for the Mongolian nomads, why not for vandwellers in the desert Southwest?

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

Iggy said:
I thought that this is what solar ovens are for. A few hours in the oven removes all moisture from the poo. Collect for a few days and you have enough material to make a campfire to cook your food over. Works for the Mongolian nomads, why not for vandwellers in the desert Southwest?

One thing my Mother always said was;  "If everyone is jumping off a clift onto rocks, does that mean you will do it also? 

Why not just use the solar oven to cook the food?  Call me picky, but I prefer my burgers poo free.  :p

Iggy said:
...A few hours in the oven removes all moisture from the poo. Collect for a few days and you have enough material to make a campfire to cook your food over...

Sounds like you are a regular guy with normal business happenings. Does this process works with humans that live on a more "liquid diet"? Beer man! Lol

I just like to think outside the box sometimes. :)

Cry said:
Sounds like you are a regular guy with normal business happenings. Does this process works with humans that live on a more "liquid diet"? Beer man! Lol

Interesting mental picture popped into my head while reading this; lol

Cry said:

Deposit process into the oven is similar, but cook times are longer and collection process requires a scraping blade.

If someone is on a 'liquid diet', they may not have much solid waste to dispose of.

Just an FYI...

I have noticed that different businesses use different color trash bags.... some only use white so if you get in a bind to drop a bag of waste and use a black bag well.. .it'll stick out like a sore thumb! hahahahah

I don't try to use my handicap or my service dog as an excuse to avoid any law HOWEVER IF an officer of the law questions me, after I apologize, "I'm sorry officer...." I MIGHT use them then... I mean, I need the dog and whatever am I supposed to do with his poo? :D

Iggy said:

With all due respect, if you were to invite me to dinner, I might have to come down with a cold!  :D

Barth motor homes in the seventies had a pump that pumped the black/grey tank fluids into the exhaust manifold where it was incinerated as you drove down the road!

pnolans said:
NomadforNature,

You are the winner in the "Control the Trajectory of the Poo" contest.   There are no awards, just the pride of conquest.

Your Servant,

Pat

pnolans said:
NomadforNature,

Your Servant,

Pat

Oh my goodness Pat, you just brought tears to my eyes I was laughing so hard....I needed that. Thanks!

A solar oven strong enough to be a commode is an interesting idea. You would probably have to keep it covered until you sat down. Somebody walking by would say I see your making brownies.

Latest posts