Cheap Turo Car Rentals?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VanLifeCrisis

Reaction score
Anyone tried this out yet?  Really cheap rentals, its kind of like airbnb for cars.  I think it might be cheaper than those rv/van rentals for rtr or trying it out.  They have pretty decent minivans for $35/day with a few hundred miles out of phoenix for example (weekly rental).

I rented a car from Turo last February. It was easy and painless and much cheaper than a normal rental. The car was a mess (dirty, near empty gas tank, etc.), but that's because Turo just matches you with owners, plus they were just starting in a lot of cities and thus were going through birth pangs. The location was inconvenient, too, but I was saving a lot of money.

Read the fine print in the vehicle description carefully. For example, note if there is a daily mileage limit, whether or not the owner will meet you with the car (or if you have to go pick it up), etc. As with all things, YMMV.

highdesertranger said:
got a link?  highdesertranger

Its just https://turo.com/

i think they have an app too.

MG1912 said:
I rented a car from Turo last February.  It was easy and painless and much cheaper than a normal rental.  The car was a mess (dirty, near empty gas tank, etc.), but that's because Turo just matches you with owners, plus they were just starting in a lot of cities and thus were going through birth pangs.  The location was inconvenient, too, but I was saving a lot of money. 

Read the fine print in the vehicle description carefully. For example, note if there is a daily mileage limit, whether or not the owner will meet you with the car (or if you have to go pick it up), etc.  As with all things, YMMV.

Yeah i went to the cheapest one for $26/day and read the reviews, which weren't great.  They have a top host feature.  Those seem to all have great reviews.  The page breaks down miles and they all seem fairly generous.